Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

gardnergal970 02-06-2014 11:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]460809[/ATTACH]Here is the third star that was this weeks project for my Delightful Star quilt. I'm calling it Country Stars since I will be using Civil War type prints. I got my room reorganized, I think it will be much more effecient, and I'm done in for the day.

JeanieG 02-06-2014 02:07 PM

That is indeed a "delightful" star gardnergal! I think it will be an amazing quilt using those fabrics.

QuiltingNinaSue 02-06-2014 02:13 PM

JeanieG, that is a lovely dozen to look at; and so unique for a lovely lady. Thanks for sharing the photo with us.

QuiltingNinaSue 02-06-2014 02:17 PM

GG, lovely Civil War block. Think you posted a minute before me...looks larger than the block I finished today for Dear Jane...it was five inches from raw edge to raw edge. I had not realized how small DJ blocks really was until I did one. Dear me, I prefer larger squares...do not have patience for small mini's, but that is what DJ looks like with each block.

mirabelle 02-06-2014 03:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
JeanieG what a beautiful selection of blocks, can't wait to see them all sewn together...

GGal love your star block, perfect with the Civil War prints.

I locked myself away yesterday determined to get the centre panel pieced for my Darkness quilt, and with a little extra sewing after dinner I am happy to report that is can be taken off my to do list. Now I just have to start cutting the borders which are all pieced. The first pic if my empty zip lock bags with stickers removed:D:D:D:D:D
The bottom fabric on the butterfly is pale blue but photographed as white:shock:

Have a great day everyone I am going to make myself a new dress today...(I hope)

QuiltingNinaSue 02-06-2014 03:46 PM

Great job, Mirabelle; its looking beautiful. I struggled with two Dear Jane blocks today...one A-1 is done; A-2 is finally figured out to sew up tomorrow. I had not realized how the DJ is like a mini block...five inches from raw edge to raw edge. I did call QOTS to figure out A-2...size wise. They were very helpful. Hope to get back to TW tomorrow and table DJ for awhile and let it keep company with Irish Mist kit.

JeanieG 02-06-2014 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 6559165)
GG, lovely Civil War block. Think you posted a minute before me...looks larger than the block I finished today for Dear Jane...it was five inches from raw edge to raw edge. I had not realized how small DJ blocks really was until I did one. Dear me, I prefer larger squares...do not have patience for small mini's, but that is what DJ looks like with each block.

If/when I start Dear Jane, I plan to do them larger. I was thinking 8" blocks! Since you have only done a few QNS, you could change to a larger size??? I'm going scrappy on Dear Jane, I have tons of small pieces I would love to whittle down. I will probably make two or three lap size quilts if I finish them all!

QuiltingNinaSue 02-06-2014 05:12 PM

I am in deep sea here with DJ, don't know how I would enlarge it at this point, but I guess it could be done. I am still working through it, but it may not get finished for quite a while. It is a learning curve to me, but its nice to be able to learn something new. And I am still on the 'easy ones'. Yes, it is a good pattern for scrappy fabric piecing.

dublb 02-06-2014 08:15 PM

I awoke th'smornin' w/some pain in my lower left abdomen. Saw the Dr at 2:30 & it's not a bladder infection. I was hopein' that it was. I'm gonna have a CAT scan tamarrow. Sigh this will probably mess w/my trip.I was supposed ta go ta Brady w/DH tamarrow, but in seperate vehicles. Then on Sun I was gonna head ta see my DD in Kingwood (Just NE o' Houston) while DH will head home. I was gonna be there for about a week. :)

JeanieG 02-06-2014 09:24 PM

Oh dublb, so sorry to hear about your abdominal pain. I hope your tests come out fine tomorrow! With luck the pain will go away altogether!