Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 08-25-2014 10:36 AM

Honchey, send me your pictures of the blues in your collection that you want to sell; maybe the yellows and the greens and the reds and the violet/purple and how much you want for them. No pink, please. PM me or send by my email address. Looking at another project (like I need another one) at a 1928 vintage album pattern done in three tones of color...light, dark and then medium blocks.

Also looking for Blue with silver threads to put with my blue/white winter scenery for DS Christmas quilt. It has blue wildlife drawings on white and I added a dark blue and lighter blue with it for Warm Friendship quilt but it lack s the wow factor. Need to substitute better light and dark blues. Somewhere in former pages I posted a picture of it. Thanks.

oksewglad 08-25-2014 07:11 PM

Ha! who can plan their days...not me! DH and I made it to the car dealer and brought home a new to us car. 2003 Buick was showing a tad bit of wear! Laughingly told DH this could be the last car we ever buy...A 2014 Chevy Captiva--now to pay for it.

Finished the items for school fair day and darn forgot to take pics!
1. Sewed a Christmas panel on a towel and extra panel was made into a large hot pad (8 x 14)
2. Baby tag quilt with 2 matching burp rags made of old linens and flannel.
3. 11 x 12 mini table mat made with 1 1/4" cuts
4. And a Christmas mini tumbler quilt I paper pieced:shock:

Have 2 of 3 finished for hospital fundraiser as well. Putting binding on the 3rd one tonight. Taking them to town tomorrow so had better get it finished. Would've had it done, except when I cut the angles to join the binding I cut one not parallel to the other--so guess what? They don't quite meet up right:mad:. Fortunately only have to rip out about 12 inches to a seam in the binding, take the seam out and add a longer piece of binding.

dublb glad you can sew and recuperate at the same time! A die hard quilter for sure.

QNS, my what an educated quilter you will be once you get your many doctorates!!!!!

Hope to get you packet mailed tomorrow, Honchey....now where did I put it....

Hi ho Hi Ho it's back to sewing, I go....

Honchey 08-26-2014 06:24 AM

I haven't done any mass cutting in a while and I still have 8 more fabrics to go....I wish I wasn't so fussy!!!

I was just attacked by something from this website...thank goodness for Norton...

QuiltingNinaSue 08-26-2014 12:05 PM

I envy you a bit, Oksewglad, on the new to you car. We have looked several times, but nothing fits the budget. And its worse now, paying for the Geo Thermal system until the day we both die...in twenty years or so...

AC cut out and did not work in the Van all the way to K and back again...need to see what Buzz can do about that on the 2nd or 3rd of Sep...hope is not too much to fix. Have to have our cars inspected before buying a two year license for each vehicle in September. And trash bill of three figures is due this month and DH blood sugar reader quit working and that is almost three figures. When it rains, it pours. One step at a time...and spend lots of time home....maybe make progress on those PhDs.

Found some Thomas fabric in k. maybe for the backing...and have three half yards that will be here on Friday from Lansing, MI.

Sorry, Honchey, that this site gave you problems....and happy you solved it with Norton. Norton, McAfee and I do not get along too well together I use Bid Defender that advertised on this site and we seem to get along defending my computer.

oksewglad 08-26-2014 03:07 PM

Just thought you'd like to see the 3 minis I took to the hospital for the Quilt Auction. Still kicking myself for not getting pictures of the school one.....

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...e-t252537.html

Honchey 08-26-2014 03:51 PM

Those minis OK are so cute...One of these days I'll finish one of them..

QNS, when it rains it certainly does pour..... I finally finished cutting the candies & stamps & they will be in the mail tomorrow...now to wait for the return of them from all over the USA & ?.

Dublb, hope you're feeling better..aches & pains are not fun!

dublb 08-26-2014 06:27 PM

I am doin' so much better! Almost pain free. :) Back ta normal activity. I went ta serger club & made a pillowcase w/a gathered ruffel.

JeanieG 08-26-2014 08:43 PM

That is great dublb - so glad you are doing so much better. I have a serger but hardly ever use it. I wanted one, so bought it several years ago, and now I don't know what to do with it! Ha!

QuiltingNinaSue 08-27-2014 04:53 AM

Me, too, JeanieG. Even in the 'new' QR, the serger sits down in a box in the corner! To thread all five threads and get it stitching correctly was a royal battle at times. Embroidery machine I got on a unplanned buy may result in the same location...in its box in the corner...wrong kind to purchase although Bernina usually has good machines.

Neighbor lady called me yesterday, wanting help with designing a quilt....the blocks were done by one of her daughters years ago...dozen of them...and she wanted to 'set' them together, so that Warm pattern Ok posted was used one more time. Love it and so did she, when she seen how easy it made the piecing and top. All twenty of her grandchildren want a quilt from her now that she is retired, and then she has three new great grands coming in December.. so we looked through my three baby quilt books and she choose one that spoke to her. Wished her the best of luck and she happily left in early evening. Its a warm cozy feeling to help another quilter.

Des Moines AQS is October 1-4. She is interested in looking at a LA, trying to get two daughters to 'invest' with her. Would love to go, but lacking a driver does limit the going. Will wait and see what works out, or does not work out. What will be, will be. One day at a time. Have a great day, everyone. Smile and enjoy.

works4me 08-27-2014 06:37 AM

oksewglad - congrats on the new vehicle. So many nice features in a new car that I can't do without now.
Those minis look great.

QNS - so nice of you to help out your neighbour. I'll bet you both went away feeling good.

dublb - glad you are feeling better.