Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

oksewglad 09-02-2014 08:23 PM

Dove pie or roasted dove, dblb? Either sounds enticing!

oksewglad 09-02-2014 08:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
School just posted auction items so I have a picture of my donation items..The little tumbler quilt was PP'd. Have a second one done in country colors for myself, but need to finish it.[ATTACH=CONFIG]490154[/ATTACH]

dublb 09-02-2014 09:38 PM

Usually we wrap it in bacon, soak it in BBQ sauce & grill it w/mesquite chips. I have been known ta drop those bacon wraped gems inta a crock pot full o' BBQ sauce. I used ta make dove & dumplin's but since I don't eat those kinda carbs I haven't done that anymore. Hmmmm I'd love a recipe for dove pie!

dublb 09-02-2014 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 6872177)
School just posted auction items so I have a picture of my donation items..The little tumbler quilt was PP'd. Have a second one done in country colors for myself, but need to finish it.[ATTACH=CONFIG]490154[/ATTACH]

Lovely!!! (y) I bet they will fetch a great deal at the auction!

Honchey 09-02-2014 09:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK I'm sure your donations will make a lot of $$$$$ for the school...All pieces are great but I like the "tumbler the best!!!

We have Morning Doves around here...are they the ones you hunt Bev? I love to hear them when they "coo"..I hope they're not the ones you eat!!!

I was browsing the clearance section and came across the Wildlife Flannel..it was soooo soft I had to get it.paired it with some dark green and "voila" now I'm making 6 " squares into a DNP.. All 180 squares are cut out & ready to be sewn...the one shown will be a pillow to go with the quilt..I will add a border for the pillow to make it bigger...

JeanieG 09-02-2014 10:05 PM

That is going to be gorgeous Anne. Love flannel!

Honchey 09-03-2014 10:47 AM

I think I'm going to add a marbled red flannel where the small squares are...I'm not liking the concentration of the print fabric..will go to make one now and show you all later..

Threw together a quick spaghetti sauce with a left over bone in pork roast I made earlier in the week..I made it like I would a beef pot roast In the pot and it turned out great. hope the sauce turns out the same...Kids will be here for dinner tonight...cleared my table..now I have to go cut the red flannel...got to do what I like to do!!! :D

Honchey 09-03-2014 11:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I like this combination much better..there's more focus on the print fabric.

janRN 09-03-2014 01:44 PM

OK, I just love all your little quilts. That mini-tumbler is awesome--can't imagine doing one quite that small. How nice of you to donate them--hope everyone realizes the work that goes into them.

Anne, I definitely like the red squares that you added (just a humble opinion). Doesn't look "dull" and has some life to it now. And I'll be there shortly for dinner LOL.

Honchey 09-03-2014 01:54 PM

You're right Jan, I just couldn't think of "dull" ... I knew it needed something and red was all I had in the "pile"..