Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club week 19 Good Cheer & Girl's Favorite Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-week-19-good-cheer-girls-favorite-photo-page-t189111.html)

QuiltE 01-24-2013 07:10 AM

Thanks Ladies!

Those sashing strips are not attached, just laid in place for the photo op.
The blocks that I had done before I stalled out do have sashings and cornerstones on two sides already. So when I go to join the blocks, that tedious job is out of the way. Blue for sashings and the red for cornerstones. I love the two, as while they are colour ... they seem to disappear in between the blocks, while creating that boundary. At least that's what I see on the design wall and hope after it's all together I think the same.

Although I am starting to wonder if the blue/red are right for the rusts/browns such as the Good Cheer block above?

DublB ... come on back and join me! Don't wait til next month .. and with that new machine you're really ready to roll!

Anael 01-24-2013 08:20 AM

Oh Wow QuiltE, beautiful blocks!

oksewglad 01-24-2013 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 5809217)
It's been even longer for me. I will start next month, I promise.
Your blocks are awesome! Such great color.:thumbup:

Lovely QE! I'm echoing Bev's promise here!!!

oksewglad 01-24-2013 09:13 AM

"Although I am starting to wonder if the blue/red are right for the rusts/browns such as the Good Cheer block above?"

I think you are seeing too much red in your above picture and it's throwing you off. That little square isn't as overpowering as it looks and will blend in with the rest of the quilt.

dublb 01-24-2013 12:00 PM

I love your sashing & cornerstones QE! I'm gonna go & git my embroidery machine in minuet & will play w/that for the rest o' this month. I'll start my PC blocks in Feb. :)

oksewglad 01-24-2013 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 5810117)
"Although I am starting to wonder if the blue/red are right for the rusts/browns such as the Good Cheer block above?"

I think you are seeing too much red in your above picture and it's throwing you off. That little square isn't as overpowering as it looks and will blend in with the rest of the quilt.

And if you fussy cut the squares so more of the darker red (or black) is near those rusts it may tone it down as well.

QuiltE 01-25-2013 06:51 AM

Thanks everyone!

OKSGlad ... thanks for the feedback as you always have such a good eye! Yes, I can "see" what you mean, that the red is distorting the look. Will take that red off my mini design wall when I do my photos and stick with the black that's on it. I have all my blocks on the big design wall and last night was looking at it and definitely need more reds in there. Unfortunately, at this late stage I may have a hard time getting that accomplished. And no, not going out to buy more fabrics! I foresee many more quilts from the leftovers as my enthusiasm kind of got carried away! :)

wendiq 01-25-2013 07:03 AM

Looks GREAT, QuiltE. I love red as you might remember. I did all my blocks with a TOT red sashing. My little quilt is at the longarmers now, but she is ill and her machine is on the blink, so now sure when I'm going to get it back.....I asked for just large meanders as I like softer finish on quilts and the heavier quilting makes them too stiff for my liking. Glad to see you finishing you blocks up into a quilt. I was very pleasantly pleased with the way my blocks look all put together even though I only did 44.......

QuiltE 01-25-2013 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by wendiq (Post 5812221)
Looks GREAT, QuiltE. I love red as you might remember. I did all my blocks with a TOT red sashing. My little quilt is at the longarmers now, but she is ill and her machine is on the blink, so now sure when I'm going to get it back.....I asked for just large meanders as I like softer finish on quilts and the heavier quilting makes them too stiff for my liking. Glad to see you finishing you blocks up into a quilt. I was very pleasantly pleased with the way my blocks look all put together even though I only did 44.......

Thanks WendiQ ... Oh how disappointing to have to wait longer to get your PC back from the LAQ. I loved your reds. Mine is going to be a Miniature Pony too! I'm thinking likely 7x7 blocks. I decided that I just really didn't want or need another really big quilt, being that I only have a double bed and decided to downsize. That being said, when I was getting on a roll last night, I started to have the guilt trip of copping out. I don't think that will weigh too long in my brain though! And who knows? maybe there'll be another Mini Pony to come with the remaining blocks I dont do this time out! :)

gardnergal970 01-25-2013 09:20 AM

QuiltE...it's not copping out when enough is enough when it comes to big quilts.