Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club wk 44 Verna Belle's Favorite & Village School House Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-wk-44-verna-belles-favorite-village-school-house-photo-page-t205291.html)

Honchey 11-06-2012 04:24 PM

The FWS Pony Club wk 44 Verna Belle's Favorite & Village School House Photo Page

Week 44 is here and our journey is coming to it's end....for some anyway...I'll be picking up the rear with a few still behind...you know who you are :)...

Anyone have some eye candy to show????

janRN 11-06-2012 06:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I guess I'll go first. I substituted for both of these blocks. Verna's wasn't my favorite and the schoolhouse in the book had y seams. I believe in "no stress quilting" and y seams give me stress.[ATTACH=CONFIG]374861[/ATTACH]

JeanieG 11-06-2012 06:37 PM

I like your substitutions Jan. The flower one is really pretty, and of course your quilting is wonderful too!

QuiltingNinaSue 11-06-2012 06:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok I did not sub here...[ATTACH=CONFIG]374871[/ATTACH]looked like a pizza sliced up to me....and Village school house:

Going to the 'dogs' in their old school house is the reason why the village built the new school house with another couple of towns together...

JeanieG 11-06-2012 08:26 PM

Oh QNS, those are both great! I just love your rendition of the school house going to the dogs! Hmm, that sky looks familiar!!!

dublb 11-06-2012 09:42 PM

Oh Jan & QNS those are sooooo purdy!

mirabelle 11-07-2012 04:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Jan your blocks are so pretty and your quilting is wonderful:thumbup::thumbup:

QNS as always your stories make me smile, I love the fabric you have used in VB.

Here are mine for this week, I substituted the school house and made the tulip block for Anael, hope you like them.

Psst are the quilt police still up:D I have my top together but may unpickand change my final border, will sleep on it. No sneek peeks yet:shock:

mirabelle 11-07-2012 04:08 AM

The tulip block looks dirty, its not. I used two different floral prints, one with a cream background, the other with a beige background. I was having trouble finding fabric pieces big enough for my last few blocks, I truly was down to the scraps

janRN 11-07-2012 05:34 AM

Wow-great blocks. QNS I love the fabric in Verna's--looks like it's swirling; and that dog in the door is too cute!
Mirab, Anael will love her tulips--so pretty. I know what you mean about finding fabric for those last few blocks. I bought 3 yards of white-on-white and all I have left is a strip about 3" wide and 15" long.
Hard to believe the end is in sight!

carriem 11-07-2012 09:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Great blocks this week!

I did Verna Belle, but since I don't need all the blocks opted not to make the School House.