Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt=Along Week 56 Block 111 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt%3Dalong-week-56-block-111-a-t147125.html)

Honchey 08-22-2011 04:01 PM

Yes, I know I'm early...I'm working tomorrow and Wednesday and will be too tired to do any posting....so I thought I would get this out of the way.

384 days ago a number of us started this journey and I'm sad but I'm also very glad to see the last of the blocks posted.
I must say I'm proud of all of us for our stick-to-it-ness....Many of us still have blocks to finish...that's ok...We still communicated whether we did a block or not...I've never done this type "thing" before and I really surprised myself by "hanging" in there...All the support both given and received was amazing...so now to the photo page for the last block. AND I did it. We All did it. Anne

QuiltingNinaSue 08-23-2011 04:48 AM

Love your colors, Anne. So happy to be almost done, now the sashing finihed asap between canning and helping dh settle his Father's estate. Miss him; may dedicate my FWSQ to him as he was a farmer. Making his clothes into foot quilts for his eleven grandchildren and then will start on the great grands.

I am re-making some squares as I get time or expanding for king size. The three white background blocks stand out like a sore thumb. I have learned so much by doing this project with you all...listening, asking questions and being encouraged along the way. Thank you.

QuiltingNinaSue 08-23-2011 09:51 AM

Have posted my sewing room where I made up each of the FWSQ and dh space in the room,too. So many choices; so many UFOs to finish. Have lots of choices from stash to do more projects in the future.

Will be waiting, Anne, for your next venture.

janRN 08-23-2011 06:25 PM

As we get to the final destination in this journey I just want to say "Thank you!!!" You have been the best traveling companions--I would never have completed this quilt without all of you. I still can't believe I don't have a stack of 111 potholders. Some blocks were easy, some hard but with your help and pics and suggestions all are done. You've taught me so much about color, contrast, accurate cutting and piecing and so much more--and I'm not a beginner. I am a much better quilter than ever. Again, thank you. I can't wait to see the finished quilts--I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas.
Peace-Jan

weezie 08-23-2011 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
As we get to the final destination in this journey I just want to say "Thank you!!!" You have been the best traveling companions.

Right back at ya, Jan! It has been fun; and more so because I think it will be at least several years before I am 'caught up' enough to do another group project. I am compelled to finish what I start so I would have certainly completed the FWS quilt on my own, but it would not have been nearly as enjoyable.

deranged_damsel 08-23-2011 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
As we get to the final destination in this journey I just want to say "Thank you!!!" You have been the best traveling companions--I would never have completed this quilt without all of you. I still can't believe I don't have a stack of 111 potholders. Some blocks were easy, some hard but with your help and pics and suggestions all are done. You've taught me so much about color, contrast, accurate cutting and piecing and so much more--and I'm not a beginner. I am a much better quilter than ever. Again, thank you. I can't wait to see the finished quilts--I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas.
Peace-Jan

HA!!! potholders!!! :roll:

isnt it nice to be in such a supportive group? :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

rwquilts 08-24-2011 05:36 AM

You gals have been the very best companions on this long, long journey! What fun we've had looking at all the creativity and eye candy along the way, huh? I look forward to our next journey!!!

Here's to everyone of you! I salute you all! :):):)

Evie 08-24-2011 06:07 AM

I agree with all of you. It's been a great journey and I thank each of you for all the encouragement and inspiration. An especially big thanks to Honchey/Anne for keeping us on track and to AKAngel/Muriel for getting this project started. Only sorry Muriel couldn't finish the journey with us. A salute to all of you!

Honchey 08-24-2011 07:58 AM

A note on the Pony Quilt. Laurie is both author and Publisher for this book so she is in charge of the distribution. There is no "general " release of the book to shops etc. The book will be available at Amazon in October. Laurie if offering to her group at Yahoo a discount & free media shipping for only $29.95. If you go to www.thefarmerswifequilt.com you will see that you can download the orderform for this book. The offer has a time limit. September 8, 2011 is the cutoff. So if you plan on getting the book I would do it now. You need to be a member of the group in order to get the discount. We will be doing the Pony Club Quilt-Along starting the first week in January, 1012. More info about this new venture will be posted one month before the start date of 1/1/2011. Anne

QuiltE 11-11-2011 11:05 AM

......... and I can't wait til we trot on into the Pony Club!