Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Completed Quilt/Top Photo/Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-completed-quilt-top-photo-discussion-page-t148904.html)

gardnergal970 05-18-2012 04:48 AM

Spectacular, QuiltE! Somehow you need to submit these pictures to Laurie so she can see yet another beautiful quilt her book inspired. I agree with the other comments about the quilting. So much detail to every block and each one is a picture by itself.

grannyQ 05-18-2012 07:48 AM

QuiltE, Your quilt is absoulety beautiful. The quilting really makes it pop. WOW!

QuiltE 05-18-2012 04:57 PM

Thanks again, Everyone!! ... as I said in the other thread, you were each a big part of what helped me stick with it and get it all done! Your compliments are much appreciated, as I certainly don't have anyone here to give me any "attagirls"!! :D I'm quite pleased with the job that my LAQ did, and I keep seeing different quilting that I hadn't noticed before. I particularly like how she tried to match the quilting with the block design ... sometimes SITD, sometimes fancy work.

Again, I am humbled with all your kindnesses shared.

jillnjo 05-26-2012 09:43 AM

QuiltE--how wonderful!! You should be so happy and proud of every aspect of your quilt! I am going to come back to these pictures when I start quilting mine, maybe soon, as it is ready to be quilted when the back is assembled. Yippee. Now, don't just fold this up, keep it out where you can enjoy it and others can exclaim over it, too!

QuiltE 05-27-2012 02:47 PM

Thanks JillNJo .... I'm taking it to one of our Fairs for competition in a couple of weeks. After that, it'll be going to one of the LQS' that I frequent and hang there for awhile. After that, the best I can do is put it on a bed .... though it really is a quilt that demands to be hung on a wall, to show itself off. Sadly :( I dont have a wall big enough, so when it's here, it's only option will be on a bed.

granny_59 05-28-2012 12:15 PM

Dear QuiltE

I got goosebumps all over my body - everything else has been said!!!!! Too bad I will need my big wall for the DJ. lol

love
Granny

QuiltE 05-28-2012 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by granny_59 (Post 5249312)
Dear QuiltE

I got goosebumps all over my body - everything else has been said!!!!! Too bad I will need my big wall for the DJ. lol

love
Granny

Awww thanks! ... Lucky you to have a BIG wall waiting for DJ!!

jillnjo 07-14-2012 10:04 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have completed the blocks and borders! I had a process of keeping track of which blocks I had done and not done as I skipped all over the book and of course left the ones with the MOST pieces until last. And I thought I had all 111 blocks completed and layed it out, discovering that I was missing one!! All my blocks were marked as done, and I soon saw it would drive me nuts trying to discover the one not made, so I chose a simple block, made it and never intend to figure out which one isn't in the quilt!! Every quilt needs a mistake, right??
I am pleased with the grey and yellow I used. The quilt is folded and waiting for me to conclude what I am going to do as far as the quilting goes. It was a fun project, and I'm glad it's finished.[ATTACH=CONFIG]348998[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]348999[/ATTACH]

It is so hard to get a good picture as the top is so large!

JeanieG 07-14-2012 11:58 AM

Great job jillnjo - what beautiful colors you used. It took me quite some time to finally get mine finished. I turned it into two lap quilts! I'm going to do the same with my Pony Club quilt too. Thanks so much for posting!

QuiltE 07-14-2012 12:08 PM

I really like that sunshine yellow with the grey!! They work well together and the yellow really pops the other yellows in the blocks Are you going to quilt it yourself?

I bet that missing block will show up sometime in the oddest of places!

I'll be looking forward to another showing of your quilt, once the quilting is finished! Well done!!