Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Discussion Page fot blocks 67 & 68 Week # 34 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-discussion-page-fot-blocks-67-68-week-34-a-t109789.html)

Honchey 03-22-2011 12:36 PM

Oh my gosh!! Week 34 is here..my blocks are done. Whoopee!!!

mimom 03-22-2011 01:02 PM

is there a picture of what this quilt is supposed to look like when its done?

QuiltingNinaSue 03-22-2011 02:14 PM

Sorry, I was distracted and choose the wrong place for photos...and deleted them.

QuiltingNinaSue 03-22-2011 02:21 PM

Hope I see some wonderful blocks again this week. Everyone has been posting some beautiful blocks that will look neat in their quilts.

Working ahead a bit slowly; put one block together today, and cut out another one...spring is here, although we may get another snow or two.

Have planted Yukon Gold potatoes; have the garden fenced now, so the chickens cannot dine in the garden.

violetsfarm 03-22-2011 05:19 PM

I really don't understand the thinking behind the "Postage Stamp Block". It is like a "Sudoku" puzzle. Anyone know the history of this block?

grannyQ 03-22-2011 07:13 PM

I didn't like the Postage Stamp block at all. I just finished block #92 so I have really been working ahead. Not many left to do. Everyone's blocks are so pretty, I like all of them. It will really be a showcase when they are all completed. Thank's everyone for the comments on mine. My DH was in the hospital because of medicine complications and was in there longer because his heart has been in A-fib several times this year. It's out right now so donn't know what to think, the doctor said it's not life threatening, but it is quite annoying though.

Evie 03-23-2011 07:03 AM

I can't say I don't like the Postage Stamp block because I'm working on a Postage Stamp quilt! Yeah, lots of small squares but I'm having fun with it. :wink:

Honchey 03-24-2011 02:04 PM

Hi, Is there a placement chart for the blocks? or are we on our own for this? Anne

Evie 03-24-2011 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey
Hi, Is there a placement chart for the blocks? or are we on our own for this? Anne

Oh, please say we're on our own! Not all my blocks will look good next to another so I'll have to play with them and place them to their best advantage, whatever that turns out to be. :)

JeanieG 03-24-2011 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey

Under Quilt Assembly starting on page 240 there is only instructions on how to assemble the quilt - no placement chart. I have assembled my lap size quilt with my Christmas fabric and am getting the rows assembled. Will post when I get my flimsy done. Do we want to start another page for the flimsy's and final quilts? Any thoughts on that anyone?