Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Update Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-update-page-t151010.html)

Honchey 09-06-2011 07:54 PM

Hi Everyone, I'm hoping y'all are doin ok.. I'm sure you can tell I'm in the "South" right now. Anyone finish their quilts/tops? I'm still working on mine....the threads have been kind of quiet and I'm sure it's been because of the holiday weekend plus the unpredictable weather..... I mailed out the form for the Pony book today. Tomorrow is the deadline to get the extra $3 plus free media shipping. Take care, Anne

violetsfarm 09-07-2011 03:26 AM

I have been working on adding the triangle setting pieces to each block. Ran out of the heat bond to connect the batting pieces, and close to running out of the batting. But still in there.

Djohnson 09-07-2011 08:56 AM

I have finished my top and love it. I don't know how to post pictures or I would. I. Rome my leg two weeks ago Nd my sewing room is upstairs so I won't be sewing door a while. that's Ok since my quilting frame is downstairs And I ha e. Quilt in it that I need to finish. Dolores

Evie 09-07-2011 09:14 AM

I'm finally getting my blocks sorted out and in an order I like. Will be cutting and sewing the sashing and triangles soon. (In between other projects? :) ) Maybe I'll get it done in time for Christmas (my gift to me and in time to stary the Pony quilt)!

QuiltE 09-07-2011 09:56 AM

~~~~
waves of Hello!!!!!!!
~~~~
to all my FWS friends ... soon I will have my life back and can get serious on the FWS. And now that I have a new machine I have no excuses!! :) It'll sew twice as fast, right? :P

Just ordered my Pony Club book this morning, so I won't miss out on one moment of what's to come!!! :)

QuiltingNinaSue 09-07-2011 03:54 PM

Other priorities have interferred with finishing the king sized FWSQ right now; canning peaches & apples; freezing squash; doing grape jelly and green tomato jam.

Helping dh with the loss of his 93 year old Father; gosh, we miss him. His Iowa trophy deer & certificate looks right at home in our living room. Using his clothles to make the grands and great grands a foot quilt.

Hope to have the top of the FWSQ done by Christmas. Have re-made several blocks, seven blocks to go to make it king sized. Have the sashing to finish and sew the rows together. One step at a time, an inch at at time until I can finish it.

JeanieG 09-07-2011 09:55 PM

Still moving the squares around on my display board. Hopefully will decide soon so I can sew on the sashing and cornerstones.

violetsfarm 09-08-2011 08:47 AM

QuiltingNina Sue - You are sure busy and a giving person, I might add. Can't wait to see your quilt.

janRN 09-08-2011 01:29 PM

Hi friends. I got my FWS-PC book yesterday and only had a few minutes to flip through it. The first block has 16 y-seams. Hmmm.....
Hope everyone is well and working to finish up FWS-missing the eye candy every Tuesday!

JeanieG 09-08-2011 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
Hi friends. I got my FWS-PC book yesterday and only had a few minutes to flip through it. The first block has 16 y-seams. Hmmm.....
Hope everyone is well and working to finish up FWS-missing the eye candy every Tuesday!

Gulp......I think paper piecing may be in order for this one! I keep watching my mailbox for the book, not here yet.