Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Week # 21 Discussion Page for Blocks 41 & 42 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-week-21-discussion-page-blocks-41-42-a-t84423.html)

Honchey 12-21-2010 06:28 PM

Week 21--That means we are a little over 1/3 rd of the way done--I'm still behind but I am getting a little more organized with all the packing and unpacking. We are headed back south again after the new year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone !! Anne

pookie ookie 12-21-2010 09:23 PM

Merry Christmas!

janRN 12-22-2010 05:06 AM

Merry Christmas! Peace & joy (or should I say Piece) to all here doing FWS.

rwquilts 12-22-2010 06:26 AM

Merry Christmas to everyone as well! I love the blocks this week. Friendship star is a favorite and I love the basket block as well...so pretty!

QuiltingNinaSue 12-22-2010 11:10 AM

Decisons, decisions..this time of year is hard to make so I made two star blocks. Fruit basket has lemons to make lemonade from, pineapple for friendship and welcome, and limes to keep us healthy, wealthy and wise on our journey through 111 fwsq blocks.

A very merry safe holidays to all.

janRN 12-22-2010 02:49 PM

Did I read that right???? We're only 1/3 of the way thru??? How big is this sucker going to be??? I'm loving the journey but had no clue it would be so large--duh, yes I'm senior and blonde LOL. I have no clue how I'll quilt it. Hmm-maybe try quilt as you go in sections? What do you all think? (But then again, I may end up with a heap of potholders!!)

JeanieG 12-22-2010 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
Did I read that right???? We're only 1/3 of the way thru??? How big is this sucker going to be??? I'm loving the journey but had no clue it would be so large--duh, yes I'm senior and blonde LOL. I have no clue how I'll quilt it. Hmm-maybe try quilt as you go in sections? What do you all think? (But then again, I may end up with a heap of potholders!!)

I've decided to do 2 lap size quilts in different colors. There are 111 total blocks, after 55 blocks, I'm switching colors.

PiecesinMn 12-22-2010 04:16 PM

At the rate I'm going, size won't be an issue. LOL.

Originally Posted by janRN

QuiltingNinaSue 12-22-2010 04:54 PM

Pages 245 to 248 in FWSQ talks about the sizes; King is 103 by 103 and takes 45 more blocks than the Queen. We ARE having fun, so let's enjoy the "ride"; at least I hope you are, because I am bouncing along the trail of blocks, discovering all kinds of new things that I can learn to do. Its fun to join the others on the same trail that post their blocks, too.