Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Week 43 Blocks 85 & 86 Rotary Cutting Instructions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-week-43-blocks-85-86-rotary-cutting-instructions-t125327.html)

Honchey 05-24-2011 04:13 AM

FWS Block # 85 Square Dance

1. Light T # 19 Cut a strip 1-1/2" x 6-1/2" then cut every 1-1/2" to get four squares.

2. Dark T # 82 Cut one 4-1/2" square.

3. Med T # 89 Cut a strip 1-1/2" x 12" Use the template to mark then cut the angles.

4.Med T # 89R Repeat step 3.

5.Dark T # 20 Cut two 2-3/8" (ru) squares then cut in half diagonally.

FWS Block # 86 Squash Blossom

note: starch, starch starch!! there are many bias edges in this block.

1. Light T # 13 Cut two 1-7/8" squares then cut in half diagonally.

2. Light T # 90 Cut a strip 1-1/2" x 8" then use the template to cut the correct angle.

3. Light T # 90R Repeat step 2.

4. Light T # 89 Cut a strip 1-1/2" x 6" then use the template to cut the correct angle.

5. Light T # 89R. Repeat step 4.

6 Dark T # 20 Cut a Square 2-3/8" (ru) then cut in half diagonally.

7. Med T # 20 Repeat step 6.

8. Dark T # 91 Cut a strip 1-1/2" x 8" then use the template to cut the correct angle.

9. Dark T # 91R repeat step 8.

10. Dark T # 49 cut two 1-1/2" x 5-1/2" rectangles then use the templates to cut correct angles.

Sewfine 05-24-2011 04:25 AM

This started before I join the board. Would love to have participate in this one. Enjoy and have fun.

QuiltE 05-25-2011 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Sewfine
This started before I join the board. Would love to have participate in this one. Enjoy and have fun.

Why not start now?? .... I did, just a couple of weeks ago!

PiecesinMn 05-25-2011 07:56 PM

I started when this started and I'm only on block 22. No big deal to be behind. Come on, join.

QuiltE 05-25-2011 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by PiecesinMn
I started when this started and I'm only on block 22. No big deal to be behind. Come on, join.

We'll continue on together then! ... not sure where I'm at, maybe about a dozen? I started #81+82 week, and am trying to keep up with each week, and do a few in between. Those, I just kind of hop around on depending on which one I feel like making ... or have the fabric I want to use in the block.

PiecesinMn 05-26-2011 07:26 AM

I'm so anal I have to do them in order. I drive myself crazy sometimes. I'm also reading each entry before I do the block so that's made it fun as well. By the time I make all the blocks I will have ready the book twice.

Originally Posted by QuiltE

Originally Posted by PiecesinMn

We'll continue on together then! ... not sure where I'm at, maybe about a dozen? I started #81+82 week, and am trying to keep up with each week, and do a few in between. Those, I just kind of hop around on depending on which one I feel like making ... or have the fabric I want to use in the block.