Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Week 53 Blocks 105 & 106 Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-week-53-blocks-105-106-discussion-page-t142165.html)

Honchey 08-02-2011 04:09 PM

"And the days dwindle down to a precious few" Oh my goodness... we're getting really close now guys... :-( :-( ....I'm sitting on the sofa with my laptop and my DH will ask me what I'm smiling about.....I show him....I'm looking at all the blocks for the last couple of weeks and they really DO put a smile on my face. I've seen so much improvement in all the blocks. I never thought I would get the hang of PPing. This has been an amazing journey for me and one I never thought would get this far.. I honestly think that by me keeping up with the posting every week has kept me in the "game" ...I'm so glad that I committed to doing it. I've made alot of new friends here on the board and especially the crew here on the Quilt-Along. Thanks for keeping up. We all deserve "Gold Medals" Now on to the Photo Page. Anne

weezie 08-02-2011 05:13 PM

I'm really glad that you enjoyed doing the weekly posting & rotary cutting info. because all of us thoroughly appreciate you.

I, too, have learned a lot.

I've made the binding and am 99% finished the top. Putting it together has been a bit of a chore, so I am presently truly sick & tired of this quilt. (Wash MY mouth out with soap!!!) My quilt top, binding, and backing will be put away for a while so I can play catch-up with some other WIPs. When I finally get around to sandwiching and quilting the FWS, I will have forgotten how annoyed I am with it.

I've really enjoyed our group and our block construction, discussions, & pictures. Now I'll pop over to the photo posting and send my 105 & 106 pix.

rwquilts 08-03-2011 06:28 AM

I can hardly believe that we've stuck with this for as long as we have...amazing and I agree that we all deserve a big pat on the back. You guys have all helped me stay on track...there were a few times when I thought I would quit, but knowing that ya'all were there and posting every week, kept me from stopping and I'm going to be thrilled with my quilt when done! I was a fan of PPing and am still a fan! Although I won't mind working on a few bigger blocks for a while either...LOL! :):)

janRN 08-03-2011 01:30 PM

Thank you everyone! Anne with all the work you've done, you have kept us in line! I'm so glad I'm not the only one tho that hates this quilt from time to time. It seems to get heavier and heavier. I spent all day yesterday and this afternoon ripping off the borders that sucked and unquilting them so I can re-use the backing sections. I didn't have enough fabric to just cut new backing for the borders. Today I renamed mine; just isn't printable or ladylike what I've been calling it LOL.

JeanieG 08-04-2011 09:53 PM

This has been a really fun project for me. I've enjoyed chatting with all of you so much.

I am currently in Phoenix, AZ awaiting the birth of my 14th grandchild! Our DIL is due any time now, and we will take care of the other two girls when she goes to the hospital. Also will stay awhile until she gets back on her feet. Lord do I miss our cool California weather. I mean the 80's at home sure beats the 110's here!

Of course, the photos of my completed blocks are at home on my computer, not on my hubby's laptop we have along with us. I will have to play catch up with the photos when we get home.

Just wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate all the helpful suggestions along the way. At least we do have Internet here so I can keep up with all the messages on the Board!

QuiltingNinaSue 08-05-2011 04:35 AM

My body and mind are going so many directions, this old lady can barely keep up as shown on the blocks for this week. That wild rose is not the one I remember scanning in, but it will do for now. And the one goose pattern is the other one in the series. Yes, I am tired of working on this quilt and not being able to work on the other UFOs in the quilt room. I may get brave and post my messy quilt room & stash and UFOs...then, again, maybe not. I think I do qualify for the SABLE club. One suitcase full of material remains unpacked that I acquired from Indianpolis,Indiana from last October, no FART (Fabric Acquition Road Trips) in near future.

Back to town today for the third time this week to do the errands that I did not get done the other two days. It rained here overnight and dropped the temps back down into the 80s. Thank goodness.