Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

frustratedquilter40 01-05-2013 06:52 PM

Coopah and shadowirish love both of them my center is together need to get a move on maybe this week will finish it up and will post a picture just to prove I do finish most things I start :o

coopah 01-05-2013 07:53 PM

Thanks for the compliments, but Judy's instructions and help made it all work!
Jaba, I think I'm keeping it for now...sorry! :-(
Pam H.- There's so much to see in the Winter Garden area. Enjoy! Check for quilt shows. There seem to be quite a few going on in the next couple of weeks. (And I'll be up North, wouldn't you just know it?)
Shadow- no advice on the backing...I'm piecing together some old lavendars and mint/aqua greens.
Frustrated-you'll get it done. This is a busy time of getting back into routines. You'll get there.

Thanks again, everyone. Hope to see you on the next mystery train. They are quite the trip, aren't they? :-)

Oksewnsew 01-05-2013 08:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I have worked on this off and on for several weeks now - seems a holiday kinda came in for a spell - ;o). I have the 2 side borders on, lay it out and I see something!! Now, my question is, do ya'all think I should take time to frog it, or just let it go? At least it's consistent! I almost folded it up and put it far away & quit, but I ended up really liking it, and everyone that sees it, likes it. So for the time being it is folded up, waiting to see what you'all think I should do. Thanks. OH, and the layout I did first, took a picture and everything was perfect!!

Jean

[ATTACH=CONFIG]386153[/ATTACH]

Shadowirish 01-05-2013 08:45 PM

I say if it doesn't drive you nuts, let it go! I hear rag time when I look at it! neato!

Sapphire_Rae 01-05-2013 08:48 PM

Oksewnsew, I love your quilt, the colors are great! I vote for you frogging and redoing those blocks the other direction. I think it will be worth it. Argh, I get frustrated when I do things like that too.

jaba 01-05-2013 08:54 PM

"but I ended up really liking it, and everyone that sees it, likes it"
That's the "key" words. It's your quilt....finish it! Turned out just fine, I changed mine too so I'd like it.

coopah 01-06-2013 05:37 AM

OKSew...That is one awesome quilt. IMHO, I hate frogging and do just about anything to not frog. Well, that being said, I didn't notice it until you said something. Hey! You have an original!! Plus, I like the feeling of motion that comes with your layout. It's yours and so do your thing with it. Me? I'd leave it...after all, who will know?

SunlitenSmiles 01-06-2013 05:51 AM

looks to me like the irish chain "got to party'ing" you could call it Irish Coffee Pary Time the thing is if it does not upset you...it is consistant, throught, so it could be a design decision.

just so you know I had some stars spinning the other direction, but caught it before the row was joined.

Oksewnsew 01-06-2013 08:04 AM

Thank you ladies. Seems the majority says 'leave it', so that's it - I hate froggin' it too. I like your comment Coopah, "it's original", that it is..lolo Sunlite, you have named it - so that will be it..;o) I just knew ya'all could help me decide what to do. Have a great Sunday.

Hugs
Jean

whitepine 01-07-2013 07:33 AM

All of the quilts are beautiful.
OKsewnsew, one more vote for leaving it and calling it "unchained."