Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

katybob 11-11-2012 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by sustraley (Post 5650508)
Having trouble downloading pictures. But I have a question. I have never done any angle's before. Is there any certain way to sew these angles together to get my strip right?

Sustraley, take a look at Judy's 4th picture for this clue. You'll see that the black piece is at a right angle to the piece it's on top of. When you line up the two pieces, you'll have about a 1/4" of the bottom fabric sticking out of each side of the top piece.

jaba 11-11-2012 05:15 PM

Sustraley, 45degrees slant on your ruler

SunlitenSmiles 11-11-2012 05:23 PM

like making binding strips Sustraley...when you joining them on an angle....Judy's picture is very good, look at it closely. and if all else fails have some dark choclate. Or you could do like I do and start with the chocolate :)

kensington 11-11-2012 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by purtercat92 (Post 5649645)
Finally got my half square triangles done last night. Used a ruler I have had for about 4 years but have never used it. Called the Wondercut ruler. It was AWESOME!!! I whipped those HST's out so fast!!!! That ruler is my new best friend!!! I am planning on making a quilt with all HST for a friend and I cannot wait to use this ruler again!!

Okay, I am putting some chili in the slow cooker, gonna pour it over rice, and oatmeal cookies for dessert. Everyone welcom in the food car!!!!

I got one of those that I ordered online. Priceless! I want another just to have for 'safekeeping'. But, I could not find a store that sells it, it's an online item.

marytoddliz 11-11-2012 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am kicking myself! So mad.... ARG~ I was going about my business of my mystery quilt, mind you I was down in Orange County, working as a painter during the day and a quilter at night! (Have a sewing machine that likes to travel helps) So yesterday evening I was happily sewing my strips together and then measuring them up so nice to cut, When I had 12 strips and I saw where most of you had 8, I knew something was not right! Guess who has a bunch of 2.5 in diagonally cut strips! Now I am trying to figure out how much more fabric I need to fix my faux pas... Well luckily I only cut one set so I didn't mess up too much.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]376081[/ATTACH]
I am taking a break and working on this project later. I had to come home to meet with a customer tomorrow.Who wants me to possibly do her wedding! !!!!!! Like ALL the dresses~ and maybe a few other things! I know I said never again last May when I did my nieces, but it is really hard to say no to good money when it would help so much! But I am going to be realistic and only do it if I know I can with out getting too stressed!

VickiM 11-11-2012 07:39 PM

Judy, for some reason I just got 6 strips out of each section...only needed an inch more to make 7 (but couldn't)...my A & B fabrics were just over 41"...didn't notice till now. So, will the 6 each work or do I have to make more to make it long enough. I have enough fabric to do it if I have to. Can't finish them till Tues a.m., so hopefully I will have an answer by tomorrow p.m. Thanks. I am loving all the fabric combinations I'm seeing posted! :)

Elisabrat 11-11-2012 11:19 PM

I love the pink black white combo how pretty is that! Marybeth can you make all my cats sweaters and party hats too there is a birthday coming up and they would prefer them out of moth hair not too thick, with diagonal fish patterns running down the sleeves. the hats with fishing lures and jewels lots of jewels. right away rushrush need them yesterday. no huh? pretty please? shoot. they all would look so good in those. they have been collecting moths for moons they are one of the favorites to play with around here that and praying mantis. I dont mind except for when they lose them. then its a problem. dont want one of those monster bugs landing on my shoulder, heart attack in the making. I am hungry guys, hows about something with oranges in it.. I am craving an orange and here is the only place i can have them. ok, a drink, fix me a drink with oranges in it. feeling lazy. tomorrow is veterans day unofficially as today was veterans day but thank you to any and all of you who served. I am very thankful for the gift you gave. And its an honor to sew with you even if its only virtual sewing. Marybeth there is a special thank you to you for your service as your so dear to me already. :)

someone come sew my strips lol ok fine this someone will get to them shortly. luck should have fabric here right about tues or wed so I can catch up before I am way too far behind. go go go.. slow down I want to catch up! Jaba I missed your photo showing know you made yours where are the pics?????

Mary O 11-12-2012 03:47 AM

mystery quilt

1 Attachment(s)
I'm caught up and now I can show my x-mas fabric I'm using.

sustraley 11-12-2012 04:37 AM

thanks for the info everyone.

Marytoddliz-nice to know we all have happy accidents once in a while

SunlitenSmiles-good idea. Chocolate cures everything.

Nice fabrics everyone.

jaba 11-12-2012 07:48 AM

I haven't done them yet Linda. Maybe today, got involved with the new spiral ruler. Love that thing and the results it makes. It's my new novelty!!