Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

paintmejudy 11-12-2012 08:30 AM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5D6t20MyhQ
Anyone having trouble with sewing your strips together, take a look at this youtube video.

Susan - you will make 3 separate strip sets from 6 WOF pieces. Cut each strip set into the 3-1/2" wide pieces and then sew into a 90" strip. You will to this 2 more times, and will end up with 3 long pieces about 90" long.

Marytodd - If you don't have enough fabric to cut another strip set and make 3-1/2" cuts, PM me, I think we can make the 2-1/2" wide work. But 3-1/2 would be better.

VickiM - did you offset your strips by 2"? If you got 6 per set, hopefully you will have enough. Can't remember how much I had left when I assembled my quilt.

Jenniky 11-12-2012 09:30 AM

Soyesterday, I was cutting to get my hst's made for the mystery and was derailed by the left over scraps. :D:D I never remember being so easily distracted. So back on track today and finish up the hst's and hopefully get the nine patches done also. :thumbup: No promises.. just too many fun things to make at the moment.. LOL

frustratedquilter40 11-12-2012 04:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished this week's clue. I am loving this mystery have never done one on the QB. Judy you are awesome I am having a great time on this train ride. Can't wait to see all of them finished everyone chose different color schemes and they all are looking wonderful. :thumbup:

sustraley 11-12-2012 04:59 PM

Thanks judy. I will get it done.

pbadder 11-12-2012 05:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's what I've been working on inbetween steps for Mystery Quilt. First one is quilt for greatgranddaughter and the second one is a Christmas wall Hanging for a secret sister from my Sorority Chapter. I have pink flannel backing with butterflies, do you have any other ideas for a backing. I think the flannel material w/butterflies might be too much since the front border is pink material with butterlies. Great Granddaughter is one year old her mother told me she loves butterflies and bright colors. [ATTACH=CONFIG]376246[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]376247[/ATTACH]

jaba 11-12-2012 06:45 PM

clue 5

2 Attachment(s)
Got my strips done today, boy it took me longer than I thought but they are done. [ATTACH=CONFIG]376253[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]376254[/ATTACH]Everyone's looks amazing, such different colors and patterns in the fabric. Will be interesting to see them all when we're done.

VickiM 11-12-2012 07:07 PM

Thanks for the reply, Judy...you're right, I forgot to offset the 2"...I was just rushing to get it done (only 2 more craftshows to go; I'm tired!)...so I will make another strip so I can add 2 to each stack to make 8...hopefully can get it done before next clue.

IBQLTN 11-13-2012 05:13 AM

pbadder - a girl can never have too many butterflies.

Pam H 11-13-2012 07:50 AM

pbadder, I think butterflies on the back will be fine. Is it the same fabric as the border? Those little butterflies and bugs are adorable. Love the tree too.

pbadder 11-13-2012 08:38 AM

Thank you all Butterfly flannel for backing it is.