Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

SunlitenSmiles 11-17-2012 07:10 AM

those are great. that B&W really works and the charcoal and silver is perfect

Cindy60545 11-17-2012 07:11 AM

ok, it's 9:15 here in Texas! I'm waiting! Have to go over to DD for my GS's birthday party in a little while, hope to get this weeks clue before I leave. Judy, are you awake yet????

frustratedquilter40 11-17-2012 07:46 AM

You all are so funny :) It is only 7:45am here in Oregon and I know she lives in Arizona so she may be in the same time zone. I am excited also I loved last weeks clue! I really like how this mystery is going. Okay I need some caffeine to wake me up maybe I will go get me some hot cocoa before Judy post the clue. See you all soon

paintmejudy 11-17-2012 07:49 AM

Clue 6

1 Attachment(s)
Remember: You made the 9-patch blocks using E with A, the lighter of the A-B combo, and you used F with C, the darker of the C-D combo. My top photo will remind you of my original fabrics, A to D in the middle, E across the top and F across the bottom.

This week, you will be using the E with B, the darker of the A-B combo. And using F with D, the lighter of the C-D combo.

I have started with my F and D, as pictured in the second photo.
From F, cut five 2½” strips
From D, cut three 4½” strips.
From D, cut four 2½” strips.
Use accurate ¼” seams. Make strip sets shown in photo and described here:
Sew one 2½” strip of F with one 4½” of D.. See the second photo. Press well. You will have a piece 6½” wide by WOF long. Make 2 more sets like this one. Press all 3 strip sets-- all strips sets need to measure
6½“ wide. From the strip sets, square up one end then cut off a 2½” section, making a piece that measures 2½” wide x 6½” long. You will need 48 of these pieces. See third photo. Discard the left over piece of strip set.
Now, Sew the remaining pieces as shown, with the F in the middle, and a piece of D on either side. Make one more strip set. Press both strip sets well. The strip sets must measure 6½” wide. by WOF long. Square up one end, and cut a 2½“ section, which will measure 2-1/2“ x 6½” You will need 24 of these pieces. Discard leftovers..

(Sorry - I forgot to take a picture of the E and B fabrics. See bottom picture for what you will be cutting)
From E cut five 2½” strips
From B, cut three 4½” strips .
From B, cut four 2½” strips.
Use accurate ¼” seams. Make strip sets as described here.
Sew one 2½” strip of F with one 4½” strip of D. Press well. You will have a piece 6½” wide by WOF long. Make 2 more sets like this one. Press all 3 strip sets -- all strips sets need to measure 6-½“ wide. From the strip sets, square up one end then cut off 2-½” section, making piece that measures 2½” wide x 6½” long. You will need 48 of these pieces. Discard left over piece.
Now, sew the remaining pieces as shown, with the F in the middle, and a piece of D on either side. Make one more strip set. Press both strip sets well. The strip sets must measure 6-½” wide. by WOF long. Square up one end, and cut a 2-½“ section., which will measure 2-1/“ x 6-½” You will need 24 of these pieces. Discard leftovers.

I’m sorry I forgot to take some of the pictures as I was working up the sample, but I think you will be able to see what you need to do with the E and B fabrics.

This should keep you busy for a while. We will deal with these pieces next Saturday.

paintmejudy 11-17-2012 07:50 AM

3 Attachment(s)
rest of the photos for clue 6

wyoming_quilter 11-17-2012 07:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm finally caught up and ready for the next clue. I do need to trim all the blocks but at least they are done. Here is a pic of all of my pieces.

SunlitenSmiles 11-17-2012 07:54 AM

Good Job Judy......Have absolutly no clue where this is going !

paintmejudy 11-17-2012 07:55 AM

I love your enthusiasm, but hey, I need my beauty sleep! It's not even 9:00 here in Arizona, and remember, at the very beginning I said I would post by 9. I do feel sorry for you east coasters, having to wait, but setting my alarm for 5:30 a.m. to be awake enough by 6 to post clues? Nope. Sorry!:D

And sunlite, I am so glad you don't know where this train is going to take us. Half the fun of a mystery, right?

haylillan 11-17-2012 08:02 AM

thanks judy now im off to work

Cindy60545 11-17-2012 08:07 AM

boy or boy, this is getting curiouser & curiouser by the week! I almost said we were making 9-patches again! Guess not! Next weeks got to be a whopper! Maybe I can get this done before leaving for DD!