Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Just Takes 2 Quilt-Along! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/just-takes-2-quilt-along-t175140.html)

tutt 01-28-2012 09:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's round two of my blocks.

brookemarie19 01-28-2012 11:41 AM

Very nice! I love your fabrics.

sewhappy30 01-28-2012 02:52 PM

I love your fabrics tutt, you done a great job on these blocks

Anael 01-29-2012 08:20 AM

Beautiful blocks tutt!

Caroline S 01-29-2012 08:28 AM

Stunning in the Black and White prints. I think I have some of those fabrics that I collected to make a black and white quilt.

DogHouseMom 01-29-2012 09:57 AM

Hooray Hooray!!!

I just found this thread this morning, went to the take two site and downloaded sets 1 & 2 and got them printed and the 1" line measured ... so I'm good to go!!

and ... here I go NOW to the sewing room to start! I'm way behind.

I have a ton of cream with white print, and I think I'll dig into my scrap bag for the remainder.

NDQuilts 01-29-2012 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 4921960)
Hooray Hooray!!!

I just found this thread this morning, went to the take two site and downloaded sets 1 & 2 and got them printed and the 1" line measured ... so I'm good to go!!

and ... here I go NOW to the sewing room to start! I'm way behind.

I have a ton of cream with white print, and I think I'll dig into my scrap bag for the remainder.

Glad to have another quilter on board, and just under the wire! New blocks are out in just a few days. These two sets went together smoothly, so you should have no problems catching up. I'm looking forward to a new set as I have to attend jury selection. No one will want me on a jury because of my connections to law enforcement, but if I don't go, I'll be one the other side of the process. I should have around eight hours of sewing time, so Im planning to take JT2 and DJ with me. I'll prep all the blocks so I will not need scissors. I thought about knitting instead, but the locals started confiscating needles last month. I appreciate security, but sometimes...

urgodschild2 01-29-2012 11:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I am doing this for my sister in her colors and I am beginning to think this is too much. I may have to add something to tone it down a little or leave it as it is and wait until I am finished and then decide. My block #8 is bigger then the others. What size should it be???? There was not a finished dimension on the paper. I think I may have to redo it. Oh yeah I got #1 in here too. LOL. I found it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]307221[/ATTACH]

urgodschild2 01-29-2012 11:15 AM

I just want to say that I love the colors of everyones and I may have to do this one again in colors that I would like.

DogHouseMom 01-29-2012 05:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok - I was able to finish ONE block today. I had to iron and starch my background fabrics (I have 6 yards each of 4 different white on cream prints that I had to sub-cut into workable sizes for the project - these were purchased for "stash" at the bargain price of $2.00/yard in Paducah last year. FINALLY able to use them!!). I also sorted some of my scrap pile into a usable "bunch", then sorted by color and ironed most of it.

I don't have any freezer paper in the house so the circles and hearts were out of the question today. From the remaining blocks I decided on #4 because the first piece of scrap I picked up was 12" long and perfect for those 4.5" by 1.5" rectangles.

So because I only have one block to show for today's effort, I'll show you the front and the back :)

FYI - this is my first group project and I just found out about it today and joined on a whim. It's also my first "mystery" quilt. And my first "scrappy".

Oops ... need to resize those pic's. Be right back!! OK - that's better!

Sue