Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   My Baltimore is ready for quilting....finally (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/my-baltimore-ready-quilting-finally-t183171.html)

mshollysd 03-18-2012 12:29 PM

Thank you, I have been tyedying fabric for about 10 years making quillows, and there isn't anything like it. I had some white cotton that just needed something done with it. Some of it was vibrant and some really merged together to make a yucky color, but sometimes that has a place in a quilt too. I really like stepping out of the box and am really non traditional but Baltimore is as traditional as you can get.....LOL

mshollysd 03-18-2012 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Abby'smom (Post 5070586)
:) beautiful quilt -- I'm ready to measure and start connecting and bordering my blocks -- the next quilts are going to be easy with no applique, especially little leaves!!-- but I have enjoyed doing the blocks and will be proud of my finished quilt!-- yours is a thing of real beaty -- congrats!!

Good luck with the border, it was so stressful since I had to do a lot of math to get everything to fit. LOL

judykay 03-18-2012 04:47 PM

Very nice, I have a Baltimore Album quilt however it was yardage and I cut all the pieces out and made my own quilt design and then hand quilted around each one . No one in my family is a quilter and they all tell me it is their favorite quilt, I thank them and do not tell them it was printed on there & no one is any the wiser. I am very pleased the way it came out. There were four of us who seen it hanging in a quilt shop & she did not have any more like it so I did some internet research and found enough for all of us. I am the only one who has gotten anything done on it let alone done and hanging. I am very pleased with the outcome. How are you going to quilt yours?

KathyPhillips 03-18-2012 05:27 PM

I hope your regular heat and bond did ok when you sewed them on. A long time ago, I used reg. h & b and tried to applique. My thread kept breaking and the needle kept breaking. I finally gave up on it and later found out that I should have used light heat and bond.

Originally Posted by mshollysd (Post 5069875)
Thank you. The hardest part for me is picking out fabrics for a project, so all I had to worry about is to fussy cut the colors I wanted out of my fabric. Bonni, I would love to see what you do with yours. I did use regular heat and bond and there is a whole lot of thread in this, but I used different varigated threads for the stitches on the applique

TN Gal 03-18-2012 05:33 PM

What a labor of love...beautiful quilt!

grandmaemma 03-18-2012 07:52 PM

This should be in a museum!! Beautiful!

BETTY62 03-18-2012 07:59 PM

Awesome quilt. I love it.

solstice3 03-19-2012 06:51 AM

A lot of hours put in for sure. Nice job

mshollysd 03-19-2012 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by judykay (Post 5071536)
Very nice, I have a Baltimore Album quilt however it was yardage and I cut all the pieces out and made my own quilt design and then hand quilted around each one . No one in my family is a quilter and they all tell me it is their favorite quilt, I thank them and do not tell them it was printed on there & no one is any the wiser. I am very pleased the way it came out. There were four of us who seen it hanging in a quilt shop & she did not have any more like it so I did some internet research and found enough for all of us. I am the only one who has gotten anything done on it let alone done and hanging. I am very pleased with the outcome. How are you going to quilt yours?

I love already printed quilt blocks. I use them all the time to practice my machine quilting and anyone who has received one, loves it too. Totally agree, that the print is awesome. I am going to echo a little and then go from there. I have a Juki on a minipinni frame so it has to talk to me......LOL

Rumbols 03-19-2012 12:46 PM

Beautiful quilt, love the borders. Love the colors. I am still working on mine as I am making a king size. Haven't even squared the blocks yet. Thanks for posting.