Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-mystery-quilt-train-ride-hop-board-anytime-t188477.html)

SunlitenSmiles 06-18-2012 01:55 AM

Sewing the blocks together and it is really turning out with a great look ! I am quessing that the corners of the border end up with the little square in the middle touching a stopper border....but I can see several other possibilities so I am still mystified and loving it !

Dolls, Marybeth....wish I had known.

Did two stores of the quilt run yesterday ....wished a favorite LQS owner a Happy Birthday at one and won a prize (tiny little batterie operated lite that be attached to work area several ways) at another. Wore me out, came home and crashed......I just have to get younger !

Pam H 06-18-2012 03:09 AM

Sunlite, I did 13 stores F & S with the Wisc shop hop. I was totally exhausted by the time we got home sat night and very tired of my seat on the bus.

SunlitenSmiles 06-18-2012 03:23 AM

wow...sounds fun....When I fly to Illinois I actually land in Milwakee because that airport is closer to their home than OHare.....they grocery shop in WI.....

your quilt run sounds fun...a bus.....what wore me out was the traffic on the freeways here

coopah 06-18-2012 04:17 AM

HOOOO-EEEEE! I'm stitching these squares together and this quilt will probably be used to signal the Martians to come pick me up!!! Will post when done. Have to work at the church today and it's probably our sweet kitty's last day due to a cancerous tumor. She's 1 1/2 months short of 20 years!!

paintmejudy 06-18-2012 07:22 AM

Well, I must say that I am happy that I kept you guessing, that you didn't see the Carpenter's Star coming! Is there another name for this block, does anyone know?

irishrose 06-18-2012 07:44 AM

Carpenter Wheel, but I like star better. I never saw it coming either and I've done one. I am anxious to complete mine because it will look so different with pastels. I do love the dark ones.

I dropped off a breakfast casserole with bacon, eggs, broccoli and cheese. We need some protein to keep us strong to handle these quilts. I think I'll have a non alcoholic minosa with mine.

yayaquilts 06-18-2012 08:38 AM

All your Carpenter Stars are so beautiful. I can't wait to dive into this mystery (maybe I will make it at my upcoming quilt retreat at the end of June!). :o

Had all 4 granbabies(1-5 y, 2-2 y, and 1-1yr) here yesterday for Father's Day and an early Birthday celebration for me (next week). What fun and chaos we had!! :D:thumbup: Beautiful sunny day, kids swam for awhile, yummy dinner on the patio serenaded with the sounds of the waterfall falling into our pool! Relaxing, in a chaotic way, if you know what I mean! ;) Love having them all hear, and so calm and quiet when they go home!!

Before everyone arrived yesterday afternoon I was able to make a fleece blanket sleeper for a friend's new granbaby.:oI have a small project that I will finish today. Then I must sandwich and quilt my quilt for my quilter's swap partner. I'm determined to finish it this week! THEN, I can think about starting this mystery......

OH WAIT..... I have several other WISP's I should finish first!!........... So many quilts to make; so little time! What's a quilter to do!?!?!?!?! Start another, of course! So glad I have you all to share my LOVE of Quilting with!!:D

lovelyl 06-18-2012 09:19 AM

I have been blown away by the beautiful stars that have been posted! I finally finished step 4, but haven't had a moment to sew for about 4 days now. Having a bit of withdrawal... Can't wait to do step 5 and see how mine looks in scrappy batiks! This has been a great mystery, Judy - thanks!
Left some peach tea and homemade ginger snaps for everyone in the club car...

Everose 06-18-2012 01:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Boy, I feel like a first grader! I didn't know what and still don't know what the mystery will turn out like. I did this one in scrappy. Please look and tell me if I need to switch any blocks around. I have about 50 times so far. The picture looks better than the squares on my floor. And I'm not taking it off the floor until I sew it together, they can all walk around it!!![ATTACH=CONFIG]342972[/ATTACH]

jaba 06-18-2012 02:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's mine, this has been a fun ride. Certainly needed to get rid of small batik pieces, so am glad I did this one also.[ATTACH=CONFIG]343002[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]343003[/ATTACH]