Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   New York Beauty Quilt Along Begins Oct 1st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-york-beauty-quilt-along-begins-oct-1st-t199410.html)

kristen0112 09-11-2012 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 (Post 5507415)
:thumbup::thumbup: And, as I embarrassingly admitted above...after making 24 NYB blocks for a quilt without doing it....leave the paper on the back of the paper-pieced part until you have the curved pieces on and the whole block finished!! :o
Kif

Definitely leave the paper on the back it makes it easier!

SulaBug 09-11-2012 10:51 PM

I must confess that I have nine individual blocks done already!! :D When I got started, I just couldn't stop myself, but I will be out of town all of next week so I won't be able to sew any more for now. This block pattern is so addicting!! Thank you Kristen0112 for taking on this project for all of us to share.
:D :D :D :D

kristen0112 09-12-2012 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug (Post 5508309)
I must confess that I have nine individual blocks done already!! :D When I got started, I just couldn't stop myself, but I will be out of town all of next week so I won't be able to sew any more for now. This block pattern is so addicting!! Thank you Kristen0112 for taking on this project for all of us to share.
:D :D :D :D

LOL. You are welcome! It is hard to resist starting early on them and they are so much fun. I am sure everyone would love to see what you've done so far if you want to post pictures.

Sucia 09-12-2012 02:21 AM

I'm in for this. I pp'ed DDWR and have foundations copied for this that I've never used. This one looks like a real challenge. No pictures from me most likely. I haven't got a camera anymore. (long story)

I loved seeing all the example quilts.

nygal 09-12-2012 06:20 AM

I just printed all the blocks out. I plan to make three of each. I am still working on my Batik Sampler and so far so good!!

kristen0112 09-12-2012 12:05 PM

Welcome Sucia! It will be a fun block to do.

Annaquilts 09-13-2012 06:40 AM

Hmmm I think I should join this. Now is it paper pieced or more template pieced?

I printed Ula Lenz's templates out before but my computer/printer prints it just a smidge, 1/16 in., too small. I am not sure how I can remedy that. Any ideas?

rainagade 09-13-2012 08:19 AM

already started......I wish....
I have been knee deep in making jam and applesauce.
Now I am getting ready to leave town. DH is out putting the ol' T in the trailer.

I will get this organized when I get back. DH is having surgery on his wrist, canning is done. I will fix my machine and get going.

kristen0112 09-13-2012 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 5511169)
Hmmm I think I should join this. Now is it paper pieced or more template pieced?

I printed Ula Lenz's templates out before but my computer/printer prints it just a smidge, 1/16 in., too small. I am not sure how I can remedy that. Any ideas?

Welcome!
I had the same problem. I was able to just 'pretend' the rest was there when I was doing a test block. But I will probably get legal sized paper to print all the patterns - some print fine other are a little outside the printing page.

Annaquilts 09-13-2012 02:30 PM

Thanks for the welcome and the tip. I think I will wait for my computer swavy eldest son to help me when he stops in.

Originally Posted by kristen0112 (Post 5512155)
Welcome!
I had the same problem. I was able to just 'pretend' the rest was there when I was doing a test block. But I will probably get legal sized paper to print all the patterns - some print fine other are a little outside the printing page.