Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   New York Beauty Quilt Along Begins Oct 1st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-york-beauty-quilt-along-begins-oct-1st-t199410.html)

kristen0112 01-02-2013 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by roseirish48 (Post 5728152)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]383010[/ATTACH]finally got a chance to start these blocks. THis is Pic of block # 0. Going to see if I can make all the blocks in black and white prints. will post more as I finish them.

Love all your blocks!

kristen0112 01-02-2013 03:27 PM

So, last week I thought I will get a head start on January's blocks. . . then life happened I was in a car accident on Dec 23rd in the Wal-Mart parking lot (some OLD guy 95 yrs). Not hurt too bad sore neck, back, and head aches since then. I also woke up that morning with my eyelids glued shut! I washed the goop off and rinsed my eyes with visine and they seemed ok but by the end of the week my right eye was so swollen, red and had blisters on it that I went to the doctor they thought viral i.e a cold sore possibly shingles and gave me anti-viral medication. This did NOTHING to relieve the pain, swelling or the blisters. Two days later it's worse so I started taking the secondary medication antibiotics (that was Sunday) on Monday it finally started to get better although my eye lid does not look pretty as there are scabs on it. But at least the swelling and pain is mostly gone. Every once in a while I will get a stab of pain. So, maybe this weekend I will finally get started with January's blocks. Of course by then I might have the stomach flu as my 7yr old son woke you New Year's Day throwing up on my bed...Life LOL
Looking forward to seeing everyone's January blocks.

amh 01-02-2013 04:24 PM

Oh my, you have had quite the time of it recently. I do hope that you are soon better. Things often come in three's, so chances are you will get the flu. What a way to start the new year.

I'm still behind, and life continues to be busy. I'm planning on a quilting retreat the end of January, so maybe I can catch up then.

Take care.

Aileen

kristen0112 01-03-2013 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by amh (Post 5757784)
Oh my, you have had quite the time of it recently. I do hope that you are soon better. Things often come in three's, so chances are you will get the flu. What a way to start the new year.

I'm still behind, and life continues to be busy. I'm planning on a quilting retreat the end of January, so maybe I can catch up then.

Take care.

Aileen

Well there was more 'bad' stuff that happened during December I just didn't want to depress everybody...

roseirish48 01-07-2013 01:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386513[/ATTACH]Nyb block#3 set done--all caught with October and November --just in time for January blocks!

kristen0112 01-07-2013 02:22 PM

roseirish48 - great work THAT was a lot to catch up on. Your blocks look wonderful!

roseirish48 01-09-2013 06:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]387126[/ATTACH]first of January blocks done

roseirish48 01-12-2013 10:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]387640[/ATTACH]second January block done

SulaBug 01-12-2013 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by roseirish48 (Post 5781001)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]387640[/ATTACH]second January block done

RoseIrish............I just have to let you know how tickeled I am to see you posting all of your blocks. You have done such a wonderful job making them & put me to shame, as I am still working on my November blocks!! :D I will be able to catch up soon. Keep up the great work & your inspiration to keep on sewing!!
:D :D :D :D

CeeTee 01-14-2013 04:48 AM

I just happened to stumble across this blog while I was searching for NYB variations. I began my first paper pieced project in November with 8 B&W FQ's that I obtained in a cross country fabric swap. I fell in love with the NY Beauty block and have been searching out a variety of blocks to include in my creation. Oh how I would love to share this journey with others...