Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

Jupiter 11-04-2011 07:29 PM

formula to upload photos

Reply to thread
Advanced
Manage Attachments
Submit Reply

Jupiter 11-04-2011 07:29 PM

formula to upload photos

Reply to thread
Go Advanced
Manage Attachments
Submit Reply

jtquilts 11-05-2011 01:41 AM

I had forgotten the fabrics you were using! What a happy quilt! I have done the QAYG before only one square at a time and I like it, but, several at a time looks very doable and faster. Love what you are doing.

Jupiter 11-05-2011 10:11 AM

My 1st try at QAYG. I did practice on a couple of throw away scraps before hopping onto the real quilt. I am liking what I am doing... better on the second section . First section I was worried about it too much.

hugs, Jupiter

Deecee 11-05-2011 09:56 PM

That looks great Jup. Love the quilting and being on point.

Deecee 11-05-2011 09:57 PM

Found the smilies also but couldn't get him to go where I wanted him to.

Wasn't getting notifications either so I unclicked it and clicked it again. Will see if that does it.

Deecee 11-07-2011 10:30 PM

But someone has to post before I can see if the notifications are working!

jtquilts 11-11-2011 10:17 PM

It is obvious that I did not read the last several posts very closely or I would have posted sooner for you! Now you can see if your notifications are working!

Not too long ago someone asked if anyone had thought about or started or made their 'life quilt'. First, I didn't realize what they meant. I have made for my DH a quilt with squares depicting important times in his life and we call it his Life Quilt. Then I realized the person meant what you would consider your quilt of greatest accomplishment. Second, I don't think I had ever thought of a life accomplishment quilt! I have thought of it from time to time since then, though. I also saw a post of the Little Brown Bird quilt and I am in awe! I love applique and that would be an accomplishment!!! I have recently been given quite a bit of fabric that all blend together wonderfully that I wondered if it would work for a LBB quilt. After pondering it for a bit I don't know that they would be just right. Along with all of the fabric were several books and one is an applique quilt that isn't quite the same caliber as LBB, but, I am drawn to it and my fabrics will work wonderfully!

For the past two years in Feb. I have gone to a local quilt retreat. They are offering two classes this year and I do not care to do either classes but I love the uninterrupted quilting time so I plan to go this year. I will take several UFO's and if I haven't started my 'life' quilt I will take it to work on. And my PH quilt will go, too, if I haven't made great strides by then!

Deecee 11-11-2011 11:21 PM

Hey!!! I received a notification!!!!!

I also have looked at LBB but am finishing up PH and plodding along with AOTH so should resist starting anything as involved as LBB but that does not mean I would not consider it, or something similar, down the track.

A quilt retreat sounds like a wonderful opportunity to get some quality sewing time in. How long is the retreat for?

Now you do know that I reeeaallllllly want to see a pic of the applique quilt you are considering, don't you.

jtquilts 11-12-2011 09:28 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I like the AOTH pattern, too. I don't have any plans to make one though I enjoy seeing others.

The retreat is from Monday to Thursday. It is a good time! One of the best parts is that someone else cooks and cleans up!

I took pictures of the book cover and some pictures of a few of the squares.