Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

pittsburgpam 12-14-2010 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Hammockhanger
Pittsburgpam: I love your avatar quilt. Everytime I see it I like it more.

Thanks :) I should make time to work on the borders this week. I'm off work all week and just finished a quilt for Christmas so....

pittsburgpam 12-15-2010 12:44 AM

Heads up... I just looked at the book on Amazon and it said only 2 in stock! I ordered one of them.

Wow, we can sure be a force to be reconned with, huh?

mtngrl 12-15-2010 05:41 AM

What is everyone doing for fabric/colors. Are you doing all one color scheme to do a large quilt or a few of one color to do smaller projects, or just using scraps for practice blocks???

Obsessed 12-15-2010 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by mtngrl
What is everyone doing for fabric/colors. Are you doing all one color scheme to do a large quilt or a few of one color to do smaller projects, or just using scraps for practice blocks???

I'm doing autumn colored batiks - I have the color choices all planned out for all the blocks - and am planning to incorporate the blocks into a wall hanging with sashing between the blocks. I am planning to do a coordinating quilt in a different pattern (no applique!) for my bed with some of the same batiks.

mtngrl 12-15-2010 08:00 AM

That sounds nice, I have never used batiks, but I love the look of them. I have no plans yet, better get moving.

kreinhart742 12-15-2010 12:19 PM

I thought about batiks, but oohh there is so much to choose from, so I ended up with black with bright yellow, green, and teal accents for my blocks, will see how it turns out.

Vanessa17 12-15-2010 12:42 PM

I;m doing batiks in pink, purple, black and green. I'll post pictures when I get my fabric organized.

:P

Jupiter 12-15-2010 08:43 PM

Jenny Byer borders certainly would be a nice fabric to use. Welcome to join in if you'd like to.

Jupiter

Jupiter 12-15-2010 08:49 PM

I went through the pages and located some of our fabric choices.

Obsessed on page 4
Quilting Hiker on page 5
Jupiter on page 6

Its fun to look!
Jupiter

mtngrl 12-15-2010 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingHiker
My fabrics for this project.

I really like your colors!