Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

QuiltingHiker 03-13-2011 12:07 PM

Every one's blocks look so great. I dropped out due to a week off on vacation and then surgery. Hopefully I will get to complete the quilt on my own. Love how you all are doing. Sue

Deecee 03-13-2011 01:02 PM

Irene - it is good to be individual and the arrowheads add a different touch.

Jupiter - with a name like Chain of Diamonds, it certainly deserves to have a bit of "bling". Looking through my bead box now!

Lara - I left the workforce and stayed home with the kids and it was wonderful. You really get to enjoy their growth. Now I wish I could stay home just for me.

QuiltingHiker - Hope your surgery was successful. How about continuing on with us doing the blocks that are coming up. Then you won't have too many to catch up on later when you have time to fit them in.

QuiltingHiker 03-13-2011 01:09 PM

DeeCee: that is a thought... I'll try and get my act together.

Jupiter 03-13-2011 03:15 PM

Hi Irene,

I was looking again at your block. I think the triangle pieces you appliqued around the outside edges should have been placed so that the tip-top of the triangle would sit on the seam lines. Yours are slightly to the side and that is where the arrow head shape is coming from. But hey, arrow heads are nice! Good job!

hugs, Jup

Originally Posted by Irene V
Beautiful job on your "Chain of Diamonds," Obsessed & Deecee. Here is mine. Mine ended up with little arrow-looking shapes on the corners... All of my colors together might be looking too dark...
This has been an interesting experience for me, new techniques, fabric choices.

Jupiter 03-13-2011 03:18 PM

Jump in again, Sue. Start where ever we are and then do the first weeks at the end. I don't think we are building any special skills as we go, other than how to stitch and glue in a less than messy way! lol

I hope you are healing fine and quick, and feeling great again soon.

hugs,
Jupiter

Originally Posted by QuiltingHiker
Every one's blocks look so great. I dropped out due to a week off on vacation and then surgery. Hopefully I will get to complete the quilt on my own. Love how you all are doing. Sue

Obsessed 03-13-2011 04:40 PM

Jupiter, 3-year old twins and a 20-month old. Not quite triplets, but busy all the same.

Sue, jump in wherever you feel comfortable. It's fun doing the blocks together, and if you jump in with us, that's fewer you have to do on your own. I know we'd all love to see more pictures!

Irene V 03-13-2011 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter
Jump in again, Sue. Start where ever we are and then do the first weeks at the end. I don't think we are building any special skills as we go, other than how to stitch and glue in a less than messy way! lol

I hope you are healing fine and quick, and feeling great again soon.

hugs,
Jupiter

Originally Posted by QuiltingHiker

I agree, Sue. Just start on this week's or next week's block and join the party. I think there are only 6 posting right now.

Deecee 03-13-2011 07:37 PM

Yes, 6 that I have counted posting but I am hoping there are a few more shy ones out there that may start posting soon. Maybe .....

keelybird57 03-14-2011 09:37 AM

I need advice. My glue stick ran out. I went to Dollar Store. They had a 3-pack, but it said "permanent." One package was open (really!), so I peeked at the stick. It looks just like the Elmer's and the fabric ones that I've used so far. But I didn't want to buy 3 only to find out that I can't use them. So I walked next door to Joann and paid more for 1 Dritz brand than the 3-pack cost.

So, have you used the Dollar Store ones? Do yours say "permanent?"

Thanks!
Judy

Obsessed 03-14-2011 10:27 AM

Do they also say washable? Mine say "permanent" in the sense that they are not repositionable (once the glue dries your stuff stays stuck), but they also say washable. Mine are from the school supplies aisle.