Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

np3 07-09-2011 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter
Hi Nancy, This technique isn't hard. Mostly you make a simple base block, then glue some other shapes on it and stitch around them. Stop by some time and I'll show you mine.

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by np3
Actually I should have stressed my applique ability! I seldom do it so the book looked intimidating.

Maybe I can see them on Tuesday!

Jupiter 07-09-2011 04:49 PM

You sure can.... I have them pinned to my design wall... been contemplating how I was going to turn 25 - 6" blocks into a queen sized quilt....lol

hugs, Jup

Originally Posted by np3

Originally Posted by Jupiter
Hi Nancy, This technique isn't hard. Mostly you make a simple base block, then glue some other shapes on it and stitch around them. Stop by some time and I'll show you mine.

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by np3
Actually I should have stressed my applique ability! I seldom do it so the book looked intimidating.

Maybe I can see them on Tuesday!

Deecee 07-09-2011 05:17 PM

Sorry to hear about your photo/computer problems Jup.

Nancy I agree with Jup - this quilt is basic foundation blocks and then a lot of cutting and glueing.

I have been removing my templates before sewing the pieces on as I didn't want to bother with the soak and remove part. That cuts out a lot of mucking around for me.

np3 07-09-2011 05:25 PM

I'll just have to check hers out and see what I think then!

Difergie 07-09-2011 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Deecee
Thanks for the feedback Nancy.

It is interesting to see what type of things appeal (or not) to people and why.

I wish I knew about the swap when it started...too late to catch up now..but bought the book, it is a project on the list and this groups blocks are so inspiring!

Deecee 07-09-2011 06:31 PM

Go for it Difergi and whenever you are ready to start I am sure all of us will be happy to encourage or assist and would love to see progress pics.

Jupiter 07-10-2011 09:17 AM

Begin from where we are this week, or start on page one. Post your blocks as you make them. We'd love to see your work and cheer you on.

hugs, Jupiter

Jupiter 07-10-2011 09:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Jim came over and was able to get the photo chip out of the wrong port by using a 'spork' from Taco Bell! Modern technology at its finest...

So, here are my 5 blocks.

hugs, Jup

np3 07-10-2011 09:52 AM

These are looking good! So how many are actually posting pictures here?

Deecee 07-10-2011 12:59 PM

Currently posting Jup, Obsessed, Irene V and myself, but I think keelybird, mtngrl and quilts4fun may still be working on them although they haven't posted since May.

Hope I haven't missed anyone.