Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

Deecee 08-02-2011 09:31 PM

Sounds as though you had loads of fun. I'm green with envy. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

jtquilts 08-03-2011 04:33 AM

Jup! Welcome home. . . .missed you! Breaks in our routine are good, but coming home is the best!

Irene V 08-07-2011 02:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Ladies,
We're almost done. Where is everyone? Here is my "Bill's Bright Hopes." I can't believe I'm first to post. Interesting block.

np3 08-07-2011 03:33 PM

Nice!

Deecee 08-08-2011 12:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Lots happening at home this week. My DH spent 10 days in hospital and on the day he came home, his brother went in with the same problem, and died that night.

Bit of a shock to the system but not totally unexpected.

O.K. here is Bill's Bright Hopes and I need to have another look at your block Irene 'cos they sure look different.

I quite like this block.

Edit: Had another look - amazing how different fabric placement changes a block. :-D

Bill's Bright Hopes
[ATTACH=CONFIG]238269[/ATTACH]

np3 08-08-2011 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Deecee
Lots happening at home this week. My DH spent 10 days in hospital and on the day he came home, his brother went in with the same problem, and died that night.

Bit of a shock to the system but not totally unexpected.

O.K. here is Bill's Bright Hopes and I need to have another look at your block Irene 'cos they sure look different.

I quite like this block.

Edit: Had another look - amazing how different fabric placement changes a block. :-D

Love that center fabric! Simply stunning!

So sorry about your BIL. How is DH doing?

Deecee 08-08-2011 01:14 PM

Hi Nancy - DH is doing well. He will be going back to work next week so we will see how that goes.

np3 08-08-2011 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Deecee
Hi Nancy - DH is doing well. He will be going back to work next week so we will see how that goes.

Glad to hear it!

Jupiter 08-08-2011 08:18 PM

Oh my goodness, DeeCee. So sorry to hear about your brother -in-law passing. I hope your hubby is feeling better, or at least as good as he can, considering the circumstances.

You new block is very nice. I've really got to get moving on mine again..... soon..... yah....

hugs, Jup

Jupiter 08-08-2011 08:21 PM

Hi Irene... and Congratulations on being the first to post this one. It looks lovely. And again, it is really amazing how different fabric changes the look.

I've been home from the Long Beach Quilt Festival for a week now, but I still am having troubles finding the sewing table under all that good junk I hauled home with me! lol

I've got no excuses.... I just need to get off my bum and start sewing again. I promise I will get something done this week....

hugs, Jup