Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   QB Block-of-the-Month, April 2013- Double Aster Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/qb-block-month-april-2013-double-aster-photos-t217976.html)

Roma Bauder 04-16-2013 09:22 PM

We sure are doing a great job ! Cant wait for May,How about you? LOL

marytoddliz 04-16-2013 11:47 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I am finally caught up with my BOM. I really like doing this and have enjoyed playing with my collection of Black and White fabric.
January
[ATTACH=CONFIG]408563[/ATTACH]
February
[ATTACH=CONFIG]408564[/ATTACH]
March
[ATTACH=CONFIG]408565[/ATTACH]
April
[ATTACH=CONFIG]408566[/ATTACH]

sustraley 04-17-2013 02:56 AM

Very nice blocks.

djmat 04-17-2013 11:59 PM

Marybeth, can hardly wait to see your finished B&W quilt. Your blocks are wonderful.
DJ

SulaBug 04-18-2013 09:33 AM

Ladies............You have posted so much "Eye Candy" that I can hardly believe my own eye's!! :D All of these blocks are so pretty & what great work everyone is doing too. All of the color & fabric combinations are terrific. I can just imagine all of the beautiful quilts that we will have at the end of the year. We will need to have a quilt party of Show & Tell. Keep up the good work.
:D :D :D :D

SandyinZ4 04-19-2013 06:28 AM

I feel so bad having signed up for this BOM and then not getting started on it. But I still have 8 months to catch up. On the few hot summer days that we will have, I will stay inside where it is cool and make a block a day! Love all the pictures. In a way, I am glad I was behind because I really like the idea of only using a few of the same colors for each one. That way they will all coordinate in a quilt. :-) I will keep watching for now.

CAS49OR 04-19-2013 10:28 AM

Wow Marybeth, I love your B & W blocks, very striking!

CAS49OR 04-19-2013 10:35 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I fixed the block I showed you earlier by removing the borders I had added to size it up to 12.5" I added the corners -- in the right place, :thumbup: It took several tries until I remembered your tip to use larger HSTs to start with Dede, thank you for your help! I welcome any help anyone can give me with these BOTMs. I'm fairly new to quilting and have only made one quilt on my own that didn't start in a class. You can't offend me by suggesting where I may be messing up. For example, if anyone thought my block maybe was too small because I didn't turn it the right way or added the corners wrong, please tell me and I will appreciate it.

It ended up 12.25" compared to the rest of them which are 12.5" I'll have to figure out how to make them fit later.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]408954[/ATTACH]

I made a Mug Rug with the original block I had struggled with so long. I did get the square in the center to lay flat but I had to trim it down.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]408956[/ATTACH]

I used a lot of the scraps I had left from paper-piecing several blocks to make the back of it:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]408957[/ATTACH]

Dedemac 04-19-2013 10:55 AM

Cas,

The block looks great! As for the slightly smaller size don't worry until you start to stick everything together. Your printer might have sized them slightly smaller. If we have more paper pieces you may have a few that are the same size. That is how I usually get at least one row. Sashing is great for concealing oops.

CajunBear 04-19-2013 11:13 AM

All the blocks are wonderful, color and fabric combinations are just the best.

Can't wait until May, who is deciding May...we need a hint or two.

Hugs,
Cajun