Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   QB Block of the Month May 2013 Tenth Star Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/qb-block-month-may-2013-tenth-star-pictures-t220420.html)

Anael 05-07-2013 11:43 AM

I think you all did a great job on this block!

klgreene, you're not going backwards, you're learning every time you make something new, even when it is not the way you wanted it. Next time you know how to do it right :) I think there's nothing wrong with your block, we all have missing points somewhere in a quilt. I know I do!
I read somewhere on a board that the points were so far off, they were in another quilt :D Yours are not that far off!

klgreene 05-07-2013 12:25 PM

Thanks Anael. I used to hand piece and hand quilt. And I did a wonderful job if I do say so myself. But the hands hurt to much to do that now, so I'm machine piecing, and I can see my machines sticking their tongues out at me every time I make a mistake. So I show them, and move to a different machine. Doesn't always work, but makes me feel better.

Anael 05-07-2013 12:31 PM

I tell my machine to behave every time it does something I don't like :) Sometimes it works, depends on what I do :D
I can't hand piece and hand quilt for the same reason.

marytoddliz 05-08-2013 03:59 AM

klgreen, I love your block! It is beautiful! We have a jar at my quilt club and everytime you point out a miss matched seam on your own quilt (like any of us would ever point one out on someone elses!!!) you put a quarter in the jar! when the jar is full we have a party! That darn jar fills up all the time! We are our own worst critics!

I love doing the BOM this year! It has been such a treat, my sister who does not quilt at all, loves the black and white scrappy I am making and have dibs on it! I keep telling her it is one I am making for myself! But we both know she will end up with it! Her office in her home is Black and white with a touch of burgundy! and the quilt will look amazing on her day bed!

So no more putting quarters in the Jar! :p Is it June yet! hehe, this is the only place I feel the need to rush through time!

klgreene 05-08-2013 07:25 AM

Thanks marytoddliz, that's a pretty good idea on the quarters. I'm the President of our quilt club which meets this coming Monday. I think I'll suggest that at our club. Unfortunately, I'll be the one putting in most quarters. By the way, I'm not President because I know the most or am the best quilter, because I'm not, I just agreed to do it because everyone else has taken their turn and I've only been in the club a couple years, so things I don't know how to do, I suggest a program on something I haven't done, or can't do and someone else does it. So I'm full of ideas. This month we are learning how to do a Bargello.

I better start saving my quarters....

Roma Bauder 05-08-2013 09:14 AM

kl ..looks good to me

djmat 05-08-2013 11:38 PM

klgreene, you crack me up! I like your block, too.

Sparkling Lake 05-12-2013 11:22 AM

Everyone's block are so pretty! I love the diversity of colors.

Difergie 05-18-2013 05:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]414192[/ATTACH]Posted this on wrong thread..here is mine for the month...love this pattern!

czpainter40 05-18-2013 10:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally had time to get this one done