Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   QB Block-of-the-Month PICTURES, JUNE 2013 - Dresdan Plate 12" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/qb-block-month-pictures-june-2013-dresdan-plate-12-a-t222734.html)

Jenniky 06-03-2013 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Dedemac (Post 6100226)
Djamat - The colors are nice, just don't think of them as Steelers colors.

Thimblebug I like the floating planet. It's a happy block.

I'm cheating a little, this is the one I did for the Craftsy class last year I still haven't done anything with it. I may make another one in a different style. I used scraps for the blades, the pepper fabric was from a shirt I made my DH last year also.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]416859[/ATTACH]

Very cool DP also love the spinning effect. :thumbup:

mimiknoxtaylor 06-03-2013 04:46 AM

These blocks are awesome! Can't decide it I want the points or rounded. I did pull out a main fabric that I've been saving & only have a small amount of. I plan to use it for every other blade. Maybe I can start today

thimblebug6000 06-03-2013 07:25 AM

Dedemac, I didn't even notice it's "floating" :D I was so concentrating on getting a motif centered on the circle....

CAS49OR 06-03-2013 12:17 PM

This is really pretty, I love the super swirl look of it!

Originally Posted by Jenniky (Post 6098278)
Not sure what OBW stands for... I used a different template and layered all of the fabric layered perfectly on their repeats.... tacked them in place and then cut stacks of 12 blades. :)

CAS49OR 06-03-2013 12:19 PM

This is neat, it looks like a spinning windmill. :thumbup:

QUOTE=Dedemac;6100226]Djamat - The colors are nice, just don't think of them as Steelers colors.

Thimblebug I like the floating planet. It's a happy block.

I'm cheating a little, this is the one I did for the Craftsy class last year I still haven't done anything with it. I may make another one in a different style. I used scraps for the blades, the pepper fabric was from a shirt I made my DH last year also.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]416859[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

marytoddliz 06-03-2013 10:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I made a small mistake on my Template, but rather than toss it I tried to add more blades. It worked but now my block is too big. It turned out to be a 16 in block rather than the 12. So I think I might use this as either a Pillow sham or a pillow. I think it turned out pretty good, but I will make another one correctly tomorrow.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]417067[/ATTACH]
I will just have to use different fabric, I really did like the background fabric but I only have enough left to make a matching Pillow, so I will have to use something else.

djmat 06-03-2013 11:54 PM

thimblebug, love your floating spirograph planet, wow.
dedemac, wow yours is moving! nice color arrangement!
can hardly wait to see the others, but gotta get cracking on 3 swaps that need rotary cutting. Will check in later in the week. Have a great one, ya'll.
Hugs,
DJ

djmat 06-03-2013 11:55 PM

oh, mary love your black & whites!

MamaHen 06-04-2013 03:02 AM

I like all the different blocks you all are doing a great job. Mine is finished but for some reason my computer is not letting me upload pictures to this site or others. So until I figure it out I can only look at yours.

MamaHen 06-04-2013 03:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]417070[/ATTACH]Oh man it worked this morning, here mine is. I'm almost jumping up & down with joy.