Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Quilts for Rosie - Weekly Paper Pieced Sampler Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/quilts-rosie-weekly-paper-pieced-sampler-quilt-along-t192335.html)

carriem 12-23-2012 07:41 PM

Lyn--great blocks! I really like the Crazy Anne one. I think someday I might make a whole quilt out of that block. There is a sample in the book where the outer small pieces make a secondary pattern when 4 blocks are put together.

dabbler312 12-24-2012 05:22 AM

Great blocks everyone; I have been watching this thread from the beginning and have enjoyed watching your progress; you have all inspired me to get the book and do my own Rosie's Quilt, I didn't have the time previously - book shipped last week so this will be my project for 2013. You all have done a wonderful job - thank you for sharing your blocks as you went along.

jtquilts 12-24-2012 09:48 AM

Oh, my! All of the blocks are wonderful! I am still looking at mine on the design wall just the way it was in the picture!

Dabbler312, I imagine I will still be around for awhile after the holidays so when you work on your blocks please post the pictures for us to oooh and aaah over!

Merry Christmas, everyone, and the happiest of New Years, too!

rwquilts 12-26-2012 09:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have finished all my blocks and made a few extra so I could put them all together and make a nice wall quilt out of them. I will sash them with black and add black triangles to square the quilt out. Yea! I'm done with the paper pieced part! LOL! What fun and thank you Patricia Faye for this fun sew along! While I didn't enjoy making some of these little 4" guys, I do love the finished blocks, one and all!

carriem 12-26-2012 05:08 PM

Ronda--great job on your blocks!

I got my sashing on all my blocks the last few days and bought my backing today so I can quilt this coming weekend.

Patricia Faye 12-26-2012 06:42 PM

Thank you Ronda! The 4" ones are more challenging but I love your little quilt.

I'm behind again. I was delayed at my son's when my car died & had to be repaired. So I didn't get home until the late afternoon on Christmas Eve. Today I spent the day car shopping & came home with a 2013 Kia Soul. Hate the idea of a car payment, but love the new car. Maybe I can sew tomorrow.

I'm going to my sister's for the weekend so we can have our Sisters' Christmas. So if I don't get back online, everyone have a Safe & Happy New Year.

rwquilts 12-27-2012 11:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, I finished my little quilt top. I will get it quilted this next year. :) I like how it turned out and I don't have one just like this for my wall, so this will be a nice addition to my wall quilts!

carriem 12-28-2012 06:40 AM

Great job Ronda! So what is the finished size??

Lyn Hut 12-29-2012 02:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All
Hope you all had a lovely Christmas and Santa was good to you. My Children all put in and gave me money to look for a new machine now all I have to do is shop around to find one I like any ideas anyone.

Here is what I am upto with my quilt now, I have got it almost together,now only have to sew the row together. I will have to wait till get it quilted by a lady I go to. Hope to get it done by Mid January.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]384558[/ATTACH]

carriem 12-29-2012 05:32 AM

Lyn--that yellow sashing really makes your blocks pop! Very nice. I too got money to go to a new sewing machine. I am planning on a Janome 6600, but if there is a used 7700 I might consider that as well. I know a few people with the 6600 who really like them. I am looking forward to options like more "bed" space, thread cutter and knee lift...also the machine has a needle threader and start/stop button....plus lots of stitches, etc, etc.