Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Quilts for Rosie - Weekly Paper Pieced Sampler Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/quilts-rosie-weekly-paper-pieced-sampler-quilt-along-t192335.html)

rwquilts 01-15-2013 07:10 AM

Lyn, I agree with Carriem...I use either a 1.0 or a 1.5 stitch length with paper piecing, depending upon whether I've used regular copy paper (1.0 stitch length) or newsprint (1.5 length). Makes a world of different. You can also make good use of some tweezers for the little nooks and crannies? Good luck!

Patricia Faye 01-15-2013 01:28 PM

We just got home from a quick trip to Fort Dodge, Iowa to help move my mother-in-law into a nursing home. She is 92 yrs young & not doing well. She's no longer able to take care of herself & the doctors have said there is nothing more they can do for her. We are happy with the nursing home & know she will be well taken care of there. She has always lived in Fort Dodge so she has lots of friends in addition to her daughter & grandchildren living there. Now I have lots to catch up on since I was without my laptop for the last week. It is nice to be home though!

While we were there my husband & I were able to meet Mary (aka Almond) & her husband. I took my Rosie Quilt with me & finished sewing the binding on during the drive up to Iowa so I was able to show off my completed quilt & see Mary's. Although hers isn't completed, it is a beauty! Mary's husband was sweet & took pictures of us & our quilts. I know she'll be posting them when she gets a chance. Mary is very talented & has made some beautiful quilts & wall hangings. She is an inspiration! We enjoyed our visit with them so much. It's always nice to meet up with a "friend" that you have made online!

Marne, love your fabrics. They make such pretty blocks! Looking forward to seeing what the rest of you do with your blocks!

Lyn Hut 01-15-2013 02:17 PM

Thank you for those hints I have started slowly removing the paper, doing one or two blocks a night (what a mess) I have made the backing and as soon as I get the paper off I will get it to the lady that dose my quilting.

almond 01-15-2013 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Patricia Faye (Post 5788567)
We just got home from a quick trip to Fort Dodge, Iowa to help move my mother-in-law into a nursing home. She is 92 yrs young & not doing well. She's no longer able to take care of herself & the doctors have said there is nothing more they can do for her. We are happy with the nursing home & know she will be well taken care of there. She has always lived in Fort Dodge so she has lots of friends in addition to her daughter & grandchildren living there. Now I have lots to catch up on since I was without my laptop for the last week. It is nice to be home though!

While we were there my husband & I were able to meet Mary (aka Almond) & her husband. I took my Rosie Quilt with me & finished sewing the binding on during the drive up to Iowa so I was able to show off my completed quilt & see Mary's. Although hers isn't completed, it is a beauty! Mary's husband was sweet & took pictures of us & our quilts. I know she'll be posting them when she gets a chance. Mary is very talented & has made some beautiful quilts & wall hangings. She is an inspiration! We enjoyed our visit with them so much. It's always nice to meet up with a "friend" that you have made online!

Marne, love your fabrics. They make such pretty blocks! Looking forward to seeing what the rest of you do with your blocks!

I quess I should have posted the picture in this thread also. Will do so shortly.

almond 01-15-2013 04:49 PM

Patrica & I get together in Iowa

2 Attachment(s)
Patrica was visiting her MIL in Fort Dodge Iowa and stopped into to see me & my husband. What a great time we had and here are pictures my hubby took of us with our Rosie quilts.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]388321[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]388322[/ATTACH]

rwquilts 01-15-2013 08:46 PM

What great pictures! I love seeing who people "really" are. You both look great, and so do your quilts! :)

Krisb 01-19-2013 08:03 PM

DH thinks it is too busy

He says it is just too busy. And I think that the few blocks not in the blue/green/gold color category really but him. Me, I think it is a miracle to have purchased only the fabric for the alternate blocks, backing, borders and binding. Everything else was scraps. Of course, the camera on my iPad washed out the colors. Finished size is about 32".

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...70980963d0.jpg

marne 01-21-2013 07:27 AM

Kris, I think it is pretty!!!!!

Almond and Patricia-beautiful quilts!!! I am in awe of those of you who did the smaller blocks. I can't even imagine.

marne

rwquilts 01-21-2013 08:48 AM

Krisb I'm jelous of your finished quilt! Love it! Busy, indeed! NOT! :)

Patricia Faye 01-21-2013 05:59 PM

Love your finished quilt Kris. I don't think it's too busy! Good job.