Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/spike-your-english-block-month-quilt-along-t227252.html)

JeanieG 08-14-2013 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 6234144)
Nelco, have your pp group join us here and post theirs as well as yours. More the merrier!

Ditto, I was just going to post the same thing QNS!!!

oksewglad 08-14-2013 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 6234044)
Great fabric choices everyone. Ggal, I made the first block and I noticed (and this is just my very humble opinion) that large prints didn't work very well. I'm determined to use only fabrics from my stash and had some very pretty combinations with large prints. By the time you cut the small pieces in the blocks, you've lost the print. I think I'll save the large ones for the setting triangles. Fussy cutting may have worked. Again, just my input for what it's worth!

Exactly what I thought after looking at the patterns.

gardnergal970 08-14-2013 02:13 PM

Thanks, Jan and OK. I welcome your opinions. My original plan was to use the large print for the corner pieces just because they would get lost in the cutting. IF I go with the black/white/red/yellow all of those pieces have small prints. This is on the back burner and simmering as I complete a couple of other things. Still a couple of weeks to start cutting....all the patterns are printed.

QuiltingNinaSue 08-14-2013 02:48 PM

Yes, I mentioned by Rainbow colors, but leaning toward Red, white and blue spin on colors now. Will see.

Rosyhf 08-14-2013 04:08 PM

You do not want to see my fabrics lol. I have made 9 quilts since the beginning of the year and I have one massive bucket full of scraps, so I guess you know what I will be using for everything from now on lol.

mirabelle 08-14-2013 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mirabs_dd (Post 6231444)
Lol mum... Just wanted to point out, the fabric from honcheys second photo are actually from MY stash... They're the fabrics I'm doing dear Jane with... Hahahahaha  Beautiful fabrics honchey!!

And I was going to do Sylvia's Bridal Sampler, cause we cut the FQ's in half, and shared !!!!!!!mmmmmmmmm:D

mirabelle 08-14-2013 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 (Post 6231654)
Honchey... did you realize that your top fabric is from the Mirabelle group? That's the focus fabric on a UFO i need to get back to. It's quality, beautiful fabric reminding me of someone I have come to know and love!

welcome to everyone. Do you think we can make it to 50 Spikers? Round numbers are good.

Aww shucks

jillnjo 08-14-2013 04:57 PM

Well, I made one-half of the first block today! I love how it is coming together. It is lots of pieces per block. I decided to cut 6 of each piece (one for each section) at the same time and I numbered each stack of 6. I figured out the size and shape of each piece and then they were ready for the other 5 sections and they went together quickly! It seemed better than having to figure each shape on all six sections. Make any sense?
I agree that large prints won't work well, unless you use them on the larger outside pieces. Not if you are hoping for the design to show anyway.

oksewglad 08-14-2013 05:57 PM

Sounds like a good plan jillnjo. I picked out fabrics last night--does that mean I'm committed or need to be committed?

Nelco 08-14-2013 08:30 PM

I will post for them .[QUOTE=JeanieG;6234182]Ditto, I was just going to post the same thing QNS!!![/QUOTE]