Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/spike-your-english-block-month-quilt-along-t227252.html)

nygal 10-20-2013 12:53 PM

Boy , this waiting for the next block is hard to do!! I am ready for the rest of them. lol I may have to start on the book that I have on making 50 paper piecing stars in the meantime.:)

QuiltingNinaSue 10-20-2013 01:32 PM

Do you do one wedge of SYE at a time or do you do it by the numbers: ones, then twos, etc., on your blocks?? I normally do one wedge at a time, but many have told me to do it by the numbers so I am and its sooooo slowwwwww to me. Still working on four...diamonds all around.

candi 10-20-2013 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 6358928)
Do you do one wedge of SYE at a time or do you do it by the numbers: ones, then twos, etc., on your blocks?? I normally do one wedge at a time, but many have told me to do it by the numbers so I am and its sooooo slowwwwww to me. Still working on four...diamonds all around.

Interesting, Sue, I guess we all work differently. I work on all six wedges at the same time, adding the same piece to each wedge, seems way faster than one at a time to me. But I also don't follow their numbering and try to add the pieces in a way so some of them can be added at the same time, the ones that are not touching of course. Hopefully that makes sense to someone lol.

candi 10-20-2013 01:55 PM

And re Bonnie Numnter, yes, Cindy, I watch her live when I can and follow her blog, she is an awesome quilter and teacher and even did a post on her blog about little me :) I am sew looking forward to her mystery. I did the last two and one is on my bed and the other is on the couch :) Yup, a Bonnie Hunter fan.

nygal 10-20-2013 03:08 PM

I do one wedge to make sure I like the colors and then I work on the next 5 at the same time working on the next number on each and so forth.

Barbwork 10-20-2013 03:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,
Just joined today and would like to show my first block - Block #1, Flowers All Around. Hoping to catch up this week. Thanks for looking.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]442333[/ATTACH]

JeanieG 10-20-2013 03:52 PM

Barbwork - that is just beautiful. I just love your colors you used on this block, they all go together so well!

Please post it also on the September Thread!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...r-t229346.html

We post a thread for each months blocks. This block and #2 block should be posted on the September Thread, and Block 3 and 4 are posted on the October Thread. On November 3rd, Honchey will post a new thread for the November Blocks (Blocks 5 and 6).

dublb 10-20-2013 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Barbwork (Post 6359143)
Hi all,
Just joined today and would like to show my first block - Block #1, Flowers All Around. Hoping to catch up this week. Thanks for looking.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]442333[/ATTACH]

Wow oh Wow! It's just way too precious!

CindyA 10-21-2013 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 6358928)

I do all 6 wedges at the same time. I think that is why I'm stuck on the log cabin. I've had a hard time deciding on colors for two of the sections and just stalled. I'm almost ready to take the plunge and see how it turns out. I used to just chop off a piece of fabric when paper piecing. This is the first time I've cut the pieces ahead of time. I like it SO much better and I'm not having to reverse sew any. That's a good thing!

CindyA 10-21-2013 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 6358701)
Cindy - You will find several Bonnie Hunter fans in our group. I can hardly wait until she posts the fabric choices next week (the 23rd I think). I've done her last three Mystery Quilts and they have turned out just beautiful. One is on my bed right now, the other two I still need to sandwich and quilt. There should be a thread posted on the Mystery here on the board, I have participated in it the last two years. Hope you join us this year!

So, JeanieG, is the mystery something I'll be able to work from my from? I imagine that she'll give just a few instructions every month for several months?

I'm working on Jamestown Landing from String Fling now and am getting pretty close to having all the half-square triangles done. Haven't done any of the alternate string (neutral) blocks done. I've done it almost exclusively with leaders and enders.