Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/stash-buster-scrappy-mystery-quilt-mini-train-ride-t209515.html)

Lizzytish 09-16-2013 02:04 AM

Very nicely done. Love them!

owlvamp 09-16-2013 02:14 AM

Love the quilts!

SheriR 11-24-2013 04:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hey Scrappy Mystery Train ladies. I did it!!! All 23 tops finished. Here are the last three and if you want to see them all, I made a Grandma Quilt album in my profile. There's a link in my signature line below. Each quilt is named for the grandchild that will receive it. You see they called me back to Idaho the end of September to care for my MotherInLaw who had taken a turn for the worse. While we were there she picked which quilt would go to each grandchild. She passed away October 4. Exactly eleven weeks after her sweetheart passed. Isn't life crazy? And so precarious.

I have to thank Judy again for this pattern. It was just what I needed, just when I needed it. All the quilts are so wonderful and the kids are all excited to receive them. (I promised them for Christmas.)

Dedemac 11-24-2013 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 6422668)
Hey Scrappy Mystery Train ladies. I did it!!! All 23 tops finished. Here are the last three and if you want to see them all, I made a Grandma Quilt album in my profile. There's a link in my signature line below. Each quilt is named for the grandchild that will receive it. You see they called me back to Idaho the end of September to care for my MotherInLaw who had taken a turn for the worse. While we were there she picked which quilt would go to each grandchild. She passed away October 4. Exactly eleven weeks after her sweetheart passed. Isn't life crazy? And so precarious.

I have to thank Judy again for this pattern. It was just what I needed, just when I needed it. All the quilts are so wonderful and the kids are all excited to receive them. (I promised them for Christmas.)

Sheri that will be such a wonderful Christmas present for the Grand kids. The quilts all look wonderful you did a awesome job one each of them.

Pam H 11-24-2013 07:05 PM

SheriR, those are great! You must be able to do that pattern in your sleep by now!

moonwork42029 11-24-2013 07:40 PM

Astonishing! What an unbelievable job!

Sorry for your loss, she left everything in great hands.

coopah 11-25-2013 06:03 AM

Checked out your album and what nice quilts. The legacy of your Mom picking them out for each grandchild is wonderful!!

Daisy Dew 11-25-2013 06:08 AM

Just wonderful! Great memories for all those GKs and you. Quilting is such a wonderful healer and helper. Thanks you for sharing your story and that terrific link to see all the great quilts. and yes thank you Judy for this pattern it is now my "go to" pattern always fun always different and each one a treasure. God bless - and don't we just have so much to be thankful for! Thanks to each of you on the board! "God bless us every one".

IBQLTN 11-25-2013 07:04 AM

Beautiful! That's a lot of scraps!

So sorry for you loss but what a wonderful story to go with the quilts!

whitepine 11-25-2013 07:05 AM

Sheri, What a great job you did. It will be one of those important family stories that will be handed down with the quilts, maybe for many generations. I love that she picked out where each quilt went because she saw something in each quilt that reminded her of that person. It is a good pattern, thanks Judy for introducing it.