Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/stash-buster-scrappy-mystery-quilt-mini-train-ride-t209515.html)

GrammaMary 12-29-2012 09:07 AM

I haven't finished the last one either as had to set it aside until the holidays were over.
We were supposed to get together with the children and grandchildren this afternoon but with the weather forecast it was decided to reschedule to next Saturday. So, I have a ton of salad ingredients that I was bringing for today so will share with you instead. I need to get back to more healthy eating but also still have a lot of sweets left in the house that need to disappear so will also bring along some Maids of Honor.

Jannie 12-29-2012 09:10 AM

I am going to jump on and hope I can keep up. I have a bunch of I Spy Fabrics from other swaps I think I will cut down to size. Do you think these will work?

bibliostone 12-29-2012 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by francie yuhas (Post 5747521)
Sorry to be such an ignoramus, but how does one " book mark" so they can find the thread? I'd join,but I want to not get lost on the train! I'll bring the coffee and the fruitcake( full of OR hazelnuts!)

To "bookmark", you can click on Thread Tools (above the 1st post on a page, on the right) and then "Subscribe". You will be notified each time someone adds a post.

sewNso 12-29-2012 09:31 AM

i'm on board, with a hamper of oven fried chicken. got the progam, and away i go. glad i caught the train.

Gretchen 12-29-2012 09:40 AM

Still working on the 3rd train ride quilt... it's cold and snowy today here in Cleveland so the gas logs are on and a quilting I will go! Have a box of scraps so I'm gonna jump on this train ride too! Woo Hoo! "I hear that train a rollin'!"

Pam H 12-29-2012 10:03 AM

I've never done a scrappy quilt so I am really looking forward to this one.
I just made a huge kettle of taco soup. Get it while its hot!

Julielhs 12-29-2012 10:07 AM

I'm working on the 3rd train ride today, but I think I will use the 4 1/2" squares are leaders and work on both:)

Cindy60545 12-29-2012 10:28 AM

Oh boy! Am I ready for something new! I've nothing to work on!! And if you believe that, I'll sell you the Brooklyn bridge really cheap!! Headed to the stash bins to get this train under way. THANKS JUDY!! I've a ton of charms that can be cut down to size!
It's cold here in Texas, I'll add the chicken & dumplings! That's what for dinner tonight!

Belfrybat 12-29-2012 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Julielhs (Post 5747650)
I'm working on the 3rd train ride today, but I think I will use the 4 1/2" squares are leaders and work on both:)

Oh, you are so brilliant! I started putting my 3rd train ride together and discovered I had mixed up the last step and put the wrong colours together. :hunf: So a frogging I will go. Can you say "ripit, ripit, ripit"? THEN I will follow your lead and work on them both at once.

paintmejudy 12-29-2012 11:20 AM

This looks like it is going to be another hoot of a train ride. Love the comradery! Can't wait to see those 9-patch squares start to show up! I love scrappy, it really is a favorite of mine, and glad to see some of you who have never tried a scrap quilt join in with us.