Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/stash-buster-scrappy-mystery-quilt-mini-train-ride-t209515.html)

irishrose 01-05-2013 07:51 AM

What a great pattern, Judy. I am going to sew on my baby quilt hard and fast today so I can get to this step. Most of my blocks are made and pressed. I have a dark cream swirl for A - will have to audition some stronger colors to choose a B.

I'm hungry for a good old basic ham and cheese quiche, so I'll make two so we enough. I have some Fugi apples so I will make a fruit cup, too.

sewNso 01-05-2013 08:02 AM

did i do it wrong last week? i still have 60 2.5 x 4.5 rectangles that i cut last week. right? those are to be used in coming weeks. right? after clue two. right?

paintmejudy 01-05-2013 08:07 AM

Yes, these pieces will be used next week.

Originally Posted by sewNso (Post 5763965)
did i do it wrong last week? i still have 60 2.5 x 4.5 rectangles that i cut last week. right? those are to be used in coming weeks. right? after clue two. right?

And happy to see the positive comments, I liked the quilt after I made the sample, only hoped you would too.

LUANNH 01-05-2013 08:22 AM

Love this quilt Judy!!! I just printed it out now I'm off to the sewing room LOL.

paintmejudy 01-05-2013 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by LUANNH (Post 5764016)
Love this quilt Judy!!! I just printed it out now I'm off to the sewing room LOL.

:thumbup: glad you like it!

jaba 01-05-2013 08:29 AM

Very interesting. I love it!!! I was thinking the same thing sewnso, glad to know I didn't screw up already. Have to start rummaging and see what I can come up with for the "pizzaz" stars. Judy outstanding pattern you've come up with, did I say I love this one? TY TY TY

paintmejudy 01-05-2013 08:32 AM

you're very very welcome, jaba. I agonized over the directions, hoping the make them clear enough, then kept finding things I should have said. Ah well, it's posted, I think you can all figure it out, at least I hope so.

SunlitenSmiles 01-05-2013 08:41 AM

WOW.......speechless in Burbank........Just WOW...... HUGS, JUDY

jaba 01-05-2013 08:42 AM

Your pics say it all! Very easy to follow I think. Going to take all my Boom blocks off the design wall and put these up like you did. Then I can see the whole thing. Have to go back and read if we sew it up in strips and rows or not, always helps to read the final part dah?? Think I probably should go get dressed first, been typing and reading on here to long this morning.

carrot 01-05-2013 08:48 AM

I love the scrappy look....... It might be hard for me to lay it out and sew it all together at a quilt retreat though........so shucks darn I get to work on it this week !!!!!!!!! woo hoo !!! Dear Jane will just have to wait. A friend of mine divided the blocks with me and we are each making two of each of our blocks and then switching out. We have a deadline of January 30th. I have one triangle left and 10 squares. I can do it .. I can do it .. I can do it ......<3