Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/stash-buster-scrappy-mystery-quilt-mini-train-ride-t209515.html)

Carsey 01-16-2013 06:40 PM

Chester and Jaba: Both of your quilts are GORGEOUS!!!!

meanmom 01-16-2013 08:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my mystery quilt. The second one is made from all of the little triangles we cut off. I couldn't bear to throw them away. It is a doll quilt to donate to Salvation Army for their toys for tots program. I have really enjoyed the ride, thanks Judy.
Pat

moonwork42029 01-16-2013 08:38 PM

Gosh, I'm still on #2 -- although I am trying to get the final center seam finished tonight...in fact it's in my lap all pinned and ready to sew, so I better go :)

SheriR 01-16-2013 08:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my step 1 and 2. It took me days to cut a square from each of Grandma's fabrics. I should finish the last step tomorrow.

Elisabrat 01-16-2013 09:02 PM

first of two things: Judy when she gets back deserves a standing ovation. A simple pile of scraps we all wanted to use and well one day and one day and suddenly in just three short weeks we have ALL these amazing works of art. So mucho kuddos to Judy.

Second: Stand up all of you. You took those dreaded pile of one days and turned them into real beauties. All different scraps some organized some random pics some regular stars some mixed colors (now that requires planning to get all those points perfectly matched with the right tops and bottoms). The end result is amazing. I think everyone stand up. look left and right and clap like there is no tomorrow for yourself and for your friends. This is what quilting together, even apart.. is all about. I love this forum even if I hated my quilt top. I will however use the lesson here on other quilts and I think that is a lovely gift. and the price? surely that was beyond right.

happyjunker 01-17-2013 07:46 AM

Oh yes, I LOVE the red stars Chester! Jaba, yours looks so similar to mine, except mine isn't finished! I'm going with 4 squares wide and 5 long as well. It looks like your stars are a mottled dark brown, mine are black, but so similar. I love it!

whitepine 01-17-2013 08:23 AM

Elizabrat, You are are so right on both points. Thanks, and double thanks to Judy.
All the scrappys are so great. I love yours, Pam. Meanmom, a sixteen-patch! Now that's scrappy.

irishrose 01-17-2013 08:40 AM

meanmom, Your 16 patches give the quilt a WOW factor. Sheri, cutting squares from yardage does take time, but your results were worth it. I like both quilts.

Elisa, you're right, Judy does deserve a standing ovation.

reeskylr 01-17-2013 05:18 PM

Did anyone make up the sizes for a 5 inch block yet? If so, point me that way, thanks!!

irishrose 01-17-2013 07:33 PM

Judy posted this after she gave the last directions.

Someone asked about different sizes of blocks. Sulabug used her 4" blocks -- she cut the squares for the flying geese at 2-1/4" square and the rectangle connecting sections at 4" x 11". Those who want to use 5" blocks, the geese squares would be 2-3/4" square and the rectangles 5" x 14"