Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The "SYE" Spike your English BOM Quilt-Along- September (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sye-spike-your-english-bom-quilt-along-september-t229346.html)

kwiltkrazy 09-09-2013 02:50 PM

Got the new pattern. Thank you.

Thank you for the new cutting sizes, I use to just whack, but I think this makes it less wasteful.

klgreene 09-09-2013 03:13 PM

Ladies, I love all your blocks. It's amazing how different they look with different fabrics. The second block we do, is that the second block of the series, or are we doing the Sept. block that was just posted. I'd like to get two more blocks done because I'll be gone for 2 week in October, so won't have as much time to do two blocks with all the other BOM's I'm doing. But I want to keep up.

carriem 09-09-2013 03:24 PM

The 2nd block is the 2nd one...May--Cactus Rose

klgreene 09-09-2013 03:26 PM

Thanks carriem I thought so, but I figured I do them in order so I don't get to confused.

dublb 09-09-2013 06:01 PM

OH my!!!!! I go outta town for 5 days & there are 10 pages!!! So many beautiful blocks!!!! I'm so tired from my retreat & like mirabelle I have left my brain in Granbury. Every block is so wonderful!!! I'll be a better encourager when I git enough sleep.

marne 09-10-2013 07:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]435151[/ATTACH]

Ok, block one done. For some reason I have the rainbow song (red and yellow and pink and green....) stuck in my head. So each block is going to focus on a different color. This time was red, next block will be yellow, etc. We will see. It could all go very wrong, very quickly.

Anael 09-10-2013 07:43 AM

Beautiful marne! Why would it go wrong? With the rainbow colors you will end up with a Spike Your Rainbow English Quilt (or something like that :D). I love rainbows :)

sue z q 09-10-2013 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by shadoh (Post 6276531)
i use computer paper, it comes off ok if you fold it back and forth a couple of times at the seam line.
i leave the paper ON when sewing the sections together, then remove it from the seam lines .

Another way to help it come off (but takes extra time) is to sew without thread on all lines before starting. I've also used kids writing tablets. Pages are a little smaller, but they go through the printer easily.

QuiltingNinaSue 09-10-2013 09:46 AM

Whatever works for you, the results are the greatest! Love the Red block..very well done. I would accept any one of blocks displayed here in a New York minute...for my own quilt or place mat. I was trying to pay close attention here, but had to go back and read the last three pages...its snail pace here with me and I am distracting by starting another different quilt pattern...like that is going to help the problem...its my excuse and I sticking to it.:D

JeanieG 09-10-2013 10:32 AM

Marne - that block is stunning! I really like it in all one color!