Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   TheQuiltingBoard Block of the Month, 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/thequiltingboard-block-month-2013-a-t209206.html)

patricej 12-28-2012 02:47 PM

there will be separate threads for each month.
the block for each month will be announced on the 1st of that month.

i'll collect and maintain a list of links once we get started.
it will be easiest to subscribe to the thread that lists the links. :)

judy363905 12-28-2012 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug (Post 5739926)
I am so excited & can hardly wait to share my choice of block for January 2013!! Stay tuned everyone, you are going to love this theme!!
:D :D :D :D

Sulfa bug. You are a joy and make these bom's such a joy. I am in. :). Looking forward to seeing everyone's work.

Judy in Phx, AZ

nancia 12-28-2012 08:10 PM

ok, patrice, you have some of my friends to join, so guess i'd better say i'm in. i'll try anything, once.

lovelyl 12-29-2012 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Andrea101 (Post 5745851)
How do you subscribe to the thread? I would love to join so that I can learn new techniques.

At the top of this page, in the first beige line that goes across the page, find and click on "Thread Tools". Choose to "Subscribe to this Thread". On the page that pops up, you will be given choices re: how you want to be notified of any new posts in the thread (such as: instant notification by email...). Just follow the directions on that page and you should be all set!
And welcome to the board! We have lots of fun!

hsweany 12-29-2012 06:30 AM

Count me in.

hsweany 12-29-2012 06:35 AM

I was so excited that I pushed the post button too fast! I've never done a BOM before. Do I wait and get my fabric each month or will we find out in January?

SulaBug 12-29-2012 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by judy363905 (Post 5746069)
Sulfa bug. You are a joy and make these bom's such a joy. I am in. :). Looking forward to seeing everyone's work.

Judy in Phx, AZ

Thank You Judy in Phx..................I have certainly had a great deal of fun with each & every BOM year & am so looking forward to this coming year. I think it is going to be a lot of fun. See everyone next year!!
:D :D :D :D

Elisabrat 12-30-2012 07:21 AM

Hsweany you pick your own fabric. Each of us will be making the same blocks but with our own color choices. You will need enough to make at least 12 blocks. But you can use a whole bunch of different fabrics or just a few. Also you can chose to do just a few of the blocks as they come up its all up to you. I know I am shaking about the challenges ahead but figure everyone can help me out if I get stuck (LUCKY YOU GUYS!) and Sulabug is starting us out and she is a great teacher so its going to be much fun. I am going to pull fabric from my stash and probably decide once I see what the first block will be. I am thinking browns and soft rose and ivorys a comfy quilt but heck I might make amish for the real challenge of it all.. now that is pushing all my buttons for sure. Or modern fabrics would take me out of the old sofa comfort. this is going to be fun!

Anael 12-30-2012 10:55 AM

Elisabrat, that would make three quilts: browns/rose, amish and modern LOL.

germanquilter 12-30-2012 03:31 PM

I am in. This might just be the thing I need to get out of my sewing rut! I have not sewn in several weeks and have had a hard time getting back into it :( Motivate me, please :)