Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

SunlitenSmiles 04-06-2012 09:22 AM

remember one year camping in the sierras in the middle of August and waking up to the children yelling"it's snowing"

people watch the Rose Parade each year and see the snow on the verdugo and san gabriel 'mountains' (really tall hills) and then are surprised we have snow....guessing they do not realize the state is wide as well as long and sea level to tall mountain range, a couple of hours drive away.

Foxflower 04-06-2012 10:29 AM

Even being a CA native, I can sort of understand the shock. I've never lived south of Marin County. So when I was in Pasadena last week I definitely noticed the differences between northern and southern CA. It's all the same state but sometimes it seems worlds apart to me too. Anyway, lest anyone think I don't like the rest of the country, I've also lived in WA and briefly, MI. Each state and area has it's own beauty.....snow or no snow!

PokerDiva 04-06-2012 11:13 AM

We can't be too far from each other if you are in the way north of California and I am in the way south of Oregon. I am about at 4200 feet.

QuiltE 04-06-2012 11:37 AM

Talking about your CAlifornia geography
.... many don't realize that the Northern part of California, is further north,
than the southern most part of Ontario, Canada!!! :)

naomi ryan 04-06-2012 12:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here are my geese blocks[ATTACH=CONFIG]325742[/ATTACH]

Foxflower 04-06-2012 01:02 PM

Naomi, those look lovely.

PokerDiva -- we are far northeastern Ca, so depends on what part of southern oregon you are. If you are in Lakeview, or even Klamath Falls, then yep, we're close.

Foxflower 04-06-2012 01:03 PM

Quilte---had no idea either. I had to go look at the globe!

PokerDiva 04-06-2012 01:10 PM

I am in Klamath Falls. It is snowing almost everyday but doesn't really stick around. Not the usual winter. We have had lots of wind storms though.

Originally Posted by Foxflower (Post 5121638)
Naomi, those look lovely.

PokerDiva -- we are far northeastern Ca, so depends on what part of southern oregon you are. If you are in Lakeview, or even Klamath Falls, then yep, we're close.

Foxflower 04-06-2012 01:24 PM

Oh man, you have quick access to Tater Patch! Several of the Ladies from our guild are making the BOM with them. I get up there once or twice a year. We used to go up there more but it's a pretty far for a day trip with 2 young children. And to children and trying shop Tater Patch -- I've learned not to go with 2 children in tow!

Deecee 04-06-2012 01:33 PM

Just popping in to say how much I like everyone's blocks. I'll be interested to see how this mystery ends.