Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

irishrose 04-20-2012 10:13 AM

Loving all the finishes. Mine is temporarily derailed, but I will finish it. A graduation dress has jumped to the front of the line.

nurse bonnie 04-20-2012 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz (Post 5150079)
Well i am up late again tonight! I was totally excited about getting my new Geese template and I made 16 geese so fast my head was spinning!

I just get a little too excited sometimes and don't take time to think! I really liked the idea of using the black and white for my geese rather than the turquoise. So i was quite amazed when my beautiful perfect geese did not fit! I looked at everything again and nope didn't reach the end. Soooo I decided to go back to the lesson on making the geese, and wouldn't ya just know it I made the wrong size geese.

I pressed them flat and just looked at it for a while, my husband looked at it, he suggested that I hide my error by bringing out the last color an inch to cover to the end. I decided to embrace my error and add 1 inch of color!

So what do you think? Do I need to take it apart and start stitch pickin', or Embrace my individuality???

I think you should "EMBRACE IT"! I like it very much.

whitepine 04-20-2012 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 5157097)
Loving all the finishes. Mine is temporarily derailed, but I will finish it. A graduation dress has jumped to the front of the line.

Maybe not derailed, maybe just pulled over on a siding. :) :)

works4me 04-20-2012 12:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quilt top done. I like it but, were I to do it over again, the two blues would be swapped so the pale blue was the centre star. It would stand out more.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]329278[/ATTACH]

paintmejudy 04-20-2012 12:26 PM

I like your top, Works. it works for me! LOL

marytoddliz 04-20-2012 12:51 PM

Whitepine, I like how your topper ended up. It is very pretty. The wonderful combinations of the finished projects are amazing. I like the mystery because I sometimes get caught up in making it look "like the Teachers" this way there is no preconceived idea.

I really like to take a design and make it my own. My Hubby laugh's when I see something in a pattern, he tells me I get that look in my eye and he knows I am going to be creating!

We are organizing today. We bought a bookcase at a 2nd hand store and had to get organized to fit it in the house.

Happy Sewing ladies~

marytoddliz 04-20-2012 12:52 PM

Works for me, it is beautiful. I love the colors.

paintmejudy 04-20-2012 01:13 PM

The very best part about the participation in this mystery is that there are so many different imputs and interpretations of the information you had been given. Love the different way the geese have been put together, and the table topper isfabulous, the pinwheels and blocks made out of the little geese droppings are terrific! I could go on, but you all have seen the fabulous work. Such a talented group was on this train ride, and hope you will all join the next ride.

QuiltE 04-20-2012 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by works4me (Post 5157324)
Quilt top done. I like it but, were I to do it over again, the two blues would be swapped so the pale blue was the centre star. It would stand out more.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]329278[/ATTACH]

Lookin' pretty darned good there, Works4Me!!
ITA re your switcheroo thoughts ... the white/blue is such a different value than all the rest of the fabrics and would have really popped out the star, if it had been front row and centre! :)

I'm really enjoying seeing everyone else's ... helping me to think thru what I will do, when I get back to the two I am doing. Thanks Everyone ... some really great blocks and variations, have all come together.

Jenniky 04-21-2012 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by whitepine (Post 5156568)
My silly geese decided to fly in a different formation. I'll probably bind it with the butterfly fabric because that is the only one I have enough of left over. I've named it The Mystery of the Butterflys. Thanks so much for the fun trainride, Judy, and also everyone else for the fun times in the club car. See you on the next trip.[ATTACH=CONFIG]329239[/ATTACH]

I havent put my geese on yet.. was going to work on it today... Whitepine after seeing your finished block .. I like what you did with your geese and the pinwheels. Daughter and I have decided to make our block into a wall hanging.. sew I might borrow your idea if you don't mind. :) :) :) :)