Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

vickig626 02-29-2012 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5018533)
leakus, it can always be scrappy if yu can't find coordinating.

Sula, glad you are ready to go!

Scrappy for me so I'm just waiting till next post.

QuilterMomma 02-29-2012 09:28 AM

Oh how fun, I am glad I am not the only one going scrappy.

paintmejudy 02-29-2012 11:51 AM

Confession time -- I'm doing a scrappy mystery (well, not a mystery to me, LOL) to be able to participate as we go along. Since my prototype is done, I wanted something to sew with all of you. Pawed throught all my "boy" stuff, like plaid and stripes and some goofy fabrics I had, and pulled a bunch. .

Foxflower 02-29-2012 11:58 AM

Show us Judy, show us! We want to see your "boy" stuff scraps!

irishrose 02-29-2012 01:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I found some fabrics that may work. I'm not sure which direction is A-F because I want the one currently in A to be the feature. The overall effect is a little dark, but I like it - unless I can find my paler aqua batik. [ATTACH=CONFIG]316380[/ATTACH]

PokerDiva 02-29-2012 01:30 PM

Wow... I love all those. If you change your mind you can send them to me.

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 5019509)
I found some fabrics that may work. I'm not sure which direction is A-F because I want the one currently in A to be the feature. The overall effect is a little dark, but I like it - unless I can find my paler aqua batik. [ATTACH=CONFIG]316380[/ATTACH]

QuilterMomma 02-29-2012 01:35 PM

Oooooooo IrishRose, those are so yummy for lack of a better word. I realy like those. Nice choices

works4me 02-29-2012 01:39 PM

irishrose: Stunning. I covet the fabric that is in your A position. The pale purple floral and aqua brighten things up in my opinion. You could always move the paler purple floral to F. Whatever you do, it will be gorgeous.

Any idea where you bought the purple/multi-coloured floral?

paintmejudy 02-29-2012 02:20 PM

sorry, no can do right now, they are already half way through the second step. You'll see my scraps next week.:o

And Irish Rose your fabrics and colors are fantastic. Love them! I wouldn't look for a paler aqua, this will be beautiful. The the one of the left that you want to be the "feature" - use that as your F fabric. When we get a little farther along, in step 4, there is a little something different you may want to do. It's written into the directions, you'll see then what I mean. And that's nuff said, it's a mystery, remember? Hee hee:D

roseirish48 02-29-2012 02:35 PM

add me to the list--i've always wanted to try a mystery quilt