Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

QuiltE 03-04-2012 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by kuntryquilter (Post 5029445)
Keep in mind this is my opinion. I would use the A fabric in another project that needs to be fussy cut. Then I would buy another large print red. The way you cut the A not a lot of the bird print will be showing.

Keep in mind this is my opinion. I guess a lot of us have done it wrong, using potential fussy cuts, including PaintMeJudy, our Leader for this group.

Audrey 03-04-2012 04:36 AM

I'm excited to get started Have to get my fabric picked out

SunlitenSmiles 03-04-2012 04:58 AM

about 4 more hours +/-

SunlitenSmiles 03-04-2012 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5028878)
Remember ... Patience is a virtue!!

And to fill the time ... how about tackling a PhD?

Ok, but remember it was your suggestion, BTW is he cute and would i have to wear shoulderpads and a helmet?

You know we could be distant cousins, my Dad was born in London, Ontario, Canada

SunlitenSmiles 03-04-2012 06:35 AM

ok, finished 120 half square triangles into 30 blocks for my 'Greatgrandaughter to be' crib quilt....now the Mommie-to-be will arrange them the way she wants them ....... and then the FMQ (well after the borders and such) see I have kept sewing even while waiting for the train to pull into the station....checking scheduale, drinking coffee.

Honchey 03-04-2012 06:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm going to try again, Finally the photo has uploaded hope it goes thru..I'm still debating between 2 fabrics to use for the focus......

SunlitenSmiles 03-04-2012 06:56 AM

wow they are lovley

QuiltE 03-04-2012 06:58 AM

Oh Honchey ... a beautiful bunch, just as I suspected! Looks like you have enough fabrics to make two ... or three ... or four ... or more!!!! :) How about every block made with a different combo? :)

SunliteNSmiles ... *pat* *pat* *pat* ... good girl, for tackling the PhD/fabric! Much better results, than if it'd been the PhD/man, don't you think? :)

SheriR 03-04-2012 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by kuntryquilter (Post 5029445)
Keep in mind this is my opinion. I would use the A fabric in another project that needs to be fussy cut. Then I would buy another large print red. The way you cut the A not a lot of the bird print will be showing.

That is why I asked. I knew I would get an honest yet kind answer. TY QuiltE for 2nd confirmation. I do love this board. I'll have to wait again to start as I'm far from any quilt stores.

Honchey 03-04-2012 07:17 AM

Oh Honchey ... a beautiful bunch, just as I suspected! Looks like you have enough fabrics to make two ... or three ... or four ... or more!!!! :) How about every block made with a different combo? :)I was thinking of combining them in a way using all the fabrics with 2 focus and then opposite accents to create a larger quilt???