Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

paintmejudy 02-21-2012 01:01 PM

Ensure, the more I look at your fabrics, I am wondering if I should make this suggestion or not because I don't want to hurt any one's feelings, but since you are cutting strips that are not really wide, and your flowers appear fairly large, perhaps you might want to consider a smaller floral? I love your print, truly do, but I'd hate to get the pretty flowers lost in a 2-1/2" strip.

paintmejudy 02-21-2012 01:05 PM

Scrappy would be fine. In fact, I was going to do a sample as scrappy but decided not to. If you want to use scrappy, you can use WOF or really mix it up and do as many patterns as you want. The only suggestion I would make, is that fabric F be the same color. And you may want to wait until the April 2nd posting to choose and cut the fabrics for the 3-1/2" strips. l

Originally Posted by materialgrl (Post 4995048)
Would it work as a scrappy, or should I pick coordinating fabrics,you know the ones I bought to use, but instead get it out carress it put it back in the bin{the ones I just can't cut]

vickig626 02-21-2012 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 4994655)
Welcome to all of you who posted in the last 12 hours! This will be great, and so much fun to see all the different fabric choices people will be making..

any color / value ideas if I decide to go "scrappy" ??

paintmejudy 02-21-2012 01:43 PM

Maybe you can wait until the next posting on March 5th to decide how you want to go. When you see how things start to sew together, you will have a better feel for what you want to do. I don't want to say too much, after all, this is a mystery :o

QuilterMomma 02-21-2012 01:44 PM

Paintmejudy, so which fabric letter is the main theme? Then pick so many lights and so many mediums to go with the base color? If I am looking at yardages correct, you will want A to be the main theme, then F to be your accent bold and the rest just blendables/mediums? Wanting to figure it out so while I am waiting for the next step, I can be cutting this out and getting ready. Thank you.

QuilterMomma 02-21-2012 01:45 PM

Are you having fun yet?

PokerDiva 02-21-2012 02:32 PM

I am!!!! Hope everybody is!!

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 4995641)
Are you having fun yet?

paintmejudy 02-21-2012 05:36 PM

All I did was pick my favorite, and add 4 fabrics that went with it and then added in the F. Your choice if you want to do lights and mediums and darks or all one value

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 4995636)
Paintmejudy, so which fabric letter is the main theme? Then pick so many lights and so many mediums to go with the base color? If I am looking at yardages correct, you will want A to be the main theme, then F to be your accent bold and the rest just blendables/mediums? Wanting to figure it out so while I am waiting for the next step, I can be cutting this out and getting ready. Thank you.

emsunfire 02-21-2012 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 4995536)
Ensure, the more I look at your fabrics, I am wondering if I should make this suggestion or not because I don't want to hurt any one's feelings, but since you are cutting strips that are not really wide, and your flowers appear fairly large, perhaps you might want to consider a smaller floral? I love your print, truly do, but I'd hate to get the pretty flowers lost in a 2-1/2" strip.

Judy, I think you may have a very good point I will think about that and audition other options. I will save the larger flowers for the outside border. I want to make it into a wallhanging for my new sewing room.

Caroline S 02-21-2012 07:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my fabrics, all from stash. I bought fabric A at Goodwill last year only because I like bold and bright but wondered what I was ever going to do with it. LOL.