Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

gramajo 03-17-2012 10:19 AM

karenpatrick, Go ahead & join in. I haven't joined, but am following along. I have my International Fabric Swap quilt to finish, a memory quilt with photos to have done by August for my BFF of 56 years for her 70th birthday and another to make in the fall when the first two are done. IF no babies come along, I'll go back to this thread and do it then. If any babies come along, this will have to go on the back burner again. :)

Foxflower 03-17-2012 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by auntlucy (Post 5067988)
Use your stash. Fabric already on hand should be considered a UFO!

I like this! Yes Karen you should join in with your stash and get another UFO done! It really doesn't take much time at all.

PokerDiva 03-17-2012 10:47 AM

Irishrose, that floral is to die for. Go ahead and send it to me. You wouldn't want me do die would you.

dotcomdtcm 03-17-2012 11:00 AM

If you have time on your hands, go to the free Craftsy BOM. 2 blocks a month, very good instructions. You can catch up easily & be ready for April!

Oksewnsew 03-17-2012 11:16 AM

OF COURSE it's not too late to join in, it's easy to play catch-up. Mystery projects are fun...;o)

Jean

QuiltE 03-17-2012 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by gramajo (Post 5068035)
karenpatrick, Go ahead & join in. I haven't joined, but am following along. I have my International Fabric Swap quilt to finish, a memory quilt with photos to have done by August for my BFF of 56 years for her 70th birthday and another to make in the fall when the first two are done. IF no babies come along, I'll go back to this thread and do it then. If any babies come along, this will have to go on the back burner again. :)

Oh but GramaJo ... you could be doing this one as a Mystery BABY quilt ... and be prepared! :)

Everose 03-17-2012 01:05 PM

Greetings everyone! Monday is cccccooooommmmiiiinnnnggggg. Of course I work at the Antique Mall every Monday morning so everyone will see the new instructions before me. Darn!!!!!

I did get a Christmas gift done this morning. My SIL and BIL are hunters and I was given a box of fabric and inside was 2 Xmas stockings. One had a buck on it and the other a doe. So I just had to make them up for Christmas. SIL will be in ND for daughter's graduation, so I won't even have to mail. I can't believe I am ahead of schedule. DH has been known to send gifts 4 -6 months after the holiday. I have taken photos but haven't learned how to upload it by myself yet. So when that happens you all will see.

I better get out for a walk. I'm getting a snack attack.

irishrose, love the floral. Can't wait to see it done.

Have a great day ladies.
Di

paintmejudy 03-17-2012 01:05 PM

Irish Rose - fabulous colors! Gonna be a beaut!

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 5067872)
Just in time - though it wouldn't take much to get me to take off the teal print and add a fuchsia - nah, once it's pressed, it's time to leave it alone. I can hardly wait to see what we do with the dominant fabric.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]320522[/ATTACH]
I'd like a strawberry lemonade unless the train serves wine without sulfites. Just sitting here in the club car with my feet up watching the scenery go by. Monday, here we come!

gramajo 03-17-2012 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5068348)
Oh but GramaJo ... you could be doing this one as a Mystery BABY quilt ... and be prepared! :)

QuiltE,
Hopefully I won't have any baby quilts. Grands are still a little young & we don't want any surprises. :p Besides, I want to make this one for me. I'm working on UFOs in between--I've vowed to get them finished (or most of them anyway) this year.

Foxflower 03-17-2012 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Everose (Post 5068356)
Greetings everyone! Monday is cccccooooommmmiiiinnnnggggg. Of course I work at the Antique Mall every Monday morning so everyone will see the new instructions before me. Darn!!!!

I will have to wait like you because I will be at quilt guild. I look forward to sewing with the ladies at the guild too though, so I am still looking forward to Monday! I expect there will be lots of pages to rewind through when I get back home!