Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

LeslieFrost 02-22-2012 06:53 PM

Hmmm, I'm thinking about this... I'll look for some fabrics. I think I'll try to spread out and try some colors that I don't usually use.

starshine 02-22-2012 07:01 PM

This sounds like fun, I need to quit my job so I have more quilting time, oh but then I won't have money to buy more fabric. ....I am going to give it a try, but I may be lagging behind a bit.

RV Quilter 02-22-2012 08:01 PM

Looks like a fun thing to try! I've not done a mystery quilt before. Going shopping in my stash.

Rhonda Lee 02-23-2012 12:29 AM

I've pulled fabric from my stash - I guess I'm good to go. Love this stuff.

missgigglewings 02-23-2012 06:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here';s my fabrics...do you think they will work? And should I switch B and E, so the maroon is next to the orange instead of the brown? Anyone...would like your thoughts/ideas...

There is a lot more orange in the flowered fabric then this picture shows.

Caroline S 02-23-2012 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings (Post 5000434)
Here';s my fabrics...do you think they will work? And should I switch B and E, so the maroon is next to the orange instead of the brown? Anyone...would like your thoughts/ideas...

There is a lot more orange in the flowered fabric then this picture shows.

The last fabric is supposed to be the focus fabric, as I remember. Go with your instincts on your color choice. Looks good to me as is.

KentuckyWoman 02-23-2012 08:35 AM

Count me in! My first Mystery Quilt. Yay! Will join you on March 5. My son is getting married on March 3 and I don't have time now... shouldn't really even be here on computer today :o Have lots of fabrics to choose from - sounds like SO much fun...<te he!>
Blessings!

paintmejudy 02-23-2012 09:15 AM

Pretty colors. Will look nice together, but no, it would not be good to use F the teal also in position A. What you have is very pretty. Your teal will be prominent and very nice.

Originally Posted by VickiM (Post 4999376)
I shopped the stash & this is what I came up with. I want the teal dragonfly fabric to be the most featured in the quilt, so I have 2 questions for you. Can I use fabric F for A also? I will also use it for the outer border. Or should I leave it as it is in the picture? If I can have A & F the same, then I would omit fabric E from the pile. I want to wait to cut my fabrics until I can get some kind of an answer. Thanks. This is going to be fun. Love the fabrics others have chosen. I want mine for a baby quilt. I love these fabrics & have just been waiting to use them!

SunlitenSmiles 02-23-2012 09:18 AM

hope mine will work......not in stone as to which are B,C,D,E, may switch E and C, actually probably will.

paintmejudy 02-23-2012 09:23 AM

To anyone who is on the fence, as they say, as to which color will go in which position, I will only make this one suggestion. Hold off on cutting the 3-1/2" strips until they are ready to be used. You know that F will be prominent, so cut the five 2-1/2" strips and wait for the next set of instructions. "Nuff said!