Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

SunlitenSmiles 03-22-2012 04:30 PM

great yellow star and the little multicolor stars..........whole galexie(sp.....sigh...need spell check this time of night) of stars.

Jenniky 03-22-2012 04:33 PM

Awesome square Juropat, I agree the yellow shines and I love your color combinations. I love the idea of decorating the club car for Judy's return.. I will be glad to help.. I have some beautiful spring jelly rolls I can contribute :) Roses and bright greens or did you want to go brighter Sunlitsmiles with lots of yellows ? :) :) . Everose its spring everything multiplies in spring even UFO's . LOL

coopah 03-22-2012 04:38 PM

:thumbup: Your nice bright star makes me think of the poem "Star light, star bright, first star...' You know the rest. You have a great star there to wish upon! BTW, I was raised in Warren and go back and visit each summer.

Foxflower 03-22-2012 05:48 PM

Everose, kids love to pick berries. You might want to recruit some. I have some golden raspberries but most get eaten before they ever make it to the house. We love raspberry jam around here. Wish you could send me your extra! Oh, and raspberry sauce/frosting on top of lemon cake.....divine!

paintmejudy 03-22-2012 05:53 PM

h yes, jelly rolls would be perfect for this mystery, and we could have layer cakes too.

dotcomdtcm 03-22-2012 05:54 PM

Has anyone found foolproof directions for posting photos? I have tried,really!!

paintmejudy 03-22-2012 05:57 PM

Dotty, I am sure resizing is your problem. If you try to upload, and it says the uload failed, you need to resize. The old board took any photos, but not this one. I've found that closeups of small blocks work as is, but big pictures, like you take a pix of a quilt, it gets too big. Go to the edit function, put in a horizontal of 640 pixels, change and save the changes, and you will be good to go. PM me if you want.
-

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm (Post 5083190)

LeslieFrost 03-22-2012 06:52 PM

Dotty: I am having success with Picasa from Google. First, you download the free program to your computer. Then, you open Picasa, find your photos files, and 'export' the photos you want to post, resizing the photos in the export process. Then, when you're in QB, you browse to your Picasa folder, then your Export folder, then click on the photo you want to show in your post, 'Open' it, upload it, wait for the name of the photo to show up, then 'close this window'.

I am not a nerd, so I had to work to figure this out! Good luck!

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm (Post 5083190)

Foxflower 03-22-2012 07:11 PM

Dotty, I have seen google's picassa referred to well before. I've not used it, so can't say how easy it is. I use paint.net. It is also a free download and is for all kinds of photo adjustments. I find it very easy to use to resize photos. I made a photo tutorial for a QB friend about posting pictures, which I could send in an email to you, but it refers to paint.net steps and wouldn't help if you want to use another program. PM me if you want me to send you the tute.

juropat 03-22-2012 08:03 PM

Thanks coopah! Nice to know someone came from my area on qb. Happy quilting