Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

Everose 03-31-2012 05:23 PM

Okay ladies - got my fabric fix for the week. Went to Hobby Lobby and got 4 small pieces from clearance for my stash. Ooooohhhhh, the colors are fab. Also got some Easter fabric for pillowcases for daughter - my goal is to make her cases for every holiday. Was looking for a fabric for my next quilt. And what do I see - but fabric that would make a great focus for our "mystery". Doesn't matter where we go now - it is always with us.

Judy - any hints on the next mystery so that we can start planning our purchases???????????????????

It must be time for a break - meet you all in the club car and we'll put our feet up and relax a while.

QuilterMomma 03-31-2012 07:23 PM

Relax, who can relax, I am working hard to get my pieces sewn yet so I can be ready for the next step. Going to make this as a lap quilt for my nephew. It is in the left over western fabric will look good.

paintmejudy 03-31-2012 07:59 PM

Nope, no advance hints. Sorry.
As I had said, on 5/9 I will post clue #1 on a NEW THREAD (not here)- you will be given fabric requirements, followed by clue #2 on 5/26 - you will have 2-1/2 weeks to fondle your stash or shop. On 5/26 the fun begins, then every Saturday a new clue, with the last clue #7 on 6/30. My prototype is almost done. It's going to be soooooo pretty!

Originally Posted by Everose (Post 5106125)
Okay ladies - got my fabric fix for the week. Went to Hobby Lobby and got 4 small pieces from clearance for my stash. Ooooohhhhh, the colors are fab. Also got some Easter fabric for pillowcases for daughter - my goal is to make her cases for every holiday. Was looking for a fabric for my next quilt. And what do I see - but fabric that would make a great focus for our "mystery". Doesn't matter where we go now - it is always with us.

Judy - any hints on the next mystery so that we can start planning our purchases???????????????????

It must be time for a break - meet you all in the club car and we'll put our feet up and relax a while.

SunlitenSmiles 04-01-2012 02:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]324327[/ATTACH]
Test of appliqued (Minkee) Giraffee after being washed in reg.machine cycle twice and dried in dryer twice soooooo guess it is time to do the real one on the baby quilt.

Jenniky 04-01-2012 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles (Post 5106742)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]324327[/ATTACH]
Test of appliqued (Minkee) Giraffee after being washed in reg.machine cycle twice and dried in dryer twice soooooo guess it is time to do the real one on the baby quilt.

Grats on Success on your test. I hope to see a picture of the entire quilt when it is finished you have put so much love in to it :thumbup:

whitepine 04-01-2012 07:59 AM

Ditto what Jenniky said. I am in awe of your needle turn applique.

paintmejudy 04-01-2012 11:12 AM

She's a far braver soul than !! I applaud your skills, Sunlite.

Foxflower 04-01-2012 02:39 PM

That giraffe is perfect. It looks so fantastic in the minky, despite the difficulties with the needle turn applique.

Caroline S 04-01-2012 03:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK fellow travelers, I left the caboose and finally finished my block.

islandwiz1 04-01-2012 03:30 PM

Caroline S great job with picking colors.