Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: QB Quilt block of the Month for August, 2013 photo's.

Red face

I must have used the wrong size pattern because mine came out 12inch but i have only one set oh well i will be the odd ball on this one i guess, I will have to try the smaller size so i can have the four sections but this what i have so far. lol silly me....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Diana

I can do all things through Jesus Christ which strengthens me.....He is my Rock!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by czpainter40 View Post
    I must have used the wrong size pattern because mine came out 12inch but i have only one set oh well i will be the odd ball on this one i guess, I will have to try the smaller size so i can have the four sections but this what i have so far. lol silly me....
    czpainter40.............Your block turned out really amazing, it is just beautiful & I really like your fabric placement. Isn't it something how changing the fabric layout can make the pattern look totally different? Nice work!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

I hate this block! lol It's got the best of me! I've been slow to make it and every time I sit down to do so, there is something wrong with what I do. Now I thought I am almost done have all the pieces and now get down to 3 and the blocks were on that printed sheet that I didn't select actual size! lol It's larger thankfully as I have no more of this center fabric but I can use it. I thought there was only one now I just found out there are 2 more! lol But I am determined to see the last of it! lol Pray for me as I do need it! lol

Hugs,
    Cajun

CZ, I made mine the 'big way' too. I like the looks of the larger pcs..

Cajun, so just make the larger version.. I made the 4 blk one, but like the bigger one better. I can't imagine YOU having problems, guess we all have a block that will stump us, I've sure had mine..lolo

Jean

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by CajunBear View Post
    I hate this block! lol It's got the best of me! I've been slow to make it and every time I sit down to do so, there is something wrong with what I do. Now I thought I am almost done have all the pieces and now get down to 3 and the blocks were on that printed sheet that I didn't select actual size! lol It's larger thankfully as I have no more of this center fabric but I can use it. I thought there was only one now I just found out there are 2 more! lol But I am determined to see the last of it! lol Pray for me as I do need it! lol
    Hugs,
    Cajun
    Cajun. Block of the month is meant to be fun... Relax you can do it....hope this is the encouragement you need to complete
    Judy in Phx, AZ
    Here I am Lord I am here to do your will.

Name:  GetAttachment[1].jpg
Views: 83
Size:  33.7 KB
    80 pieces, ugh, sure hope my DD appreciates it. I'm not very fond of it myself.
    oh, well, on to September, hope I can get caught up.

Quote Originally Posted by djmat View Post
    Name:  GetAttachment[1].jpg
Views: 83
Size:  33.7 KB
    80 pieces, ugh, sure hope my DD appreciates it. I'm not very fond of it myself.
    oh, well, on to September, hope I can get caught up.

djmat I really like what you've done here. This is the first block that shows the center stand out so nicely. I had to go back to see if this was the same block. Amazing the placement of color shows an entirely new secondary design. Nice job.
    "Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

Cajun's August & September's Penance

LOL! For someone that is experience in Paper-Piecing this block has been a thorn in my side for almost 2 months! Everything I did I had to rip out and redo, then I got it so I could put the last section together and 3 of the blocks were larger than the 1 that was correct size. So I had to reprint and set my printer to print Actual size. I know this of course but some how didn't do it for all blocks.

Then I've got 3 of the 4 sections together after a lot of ripping and resewing! Ready to put last together and it goes well.....NOT....put it together wrong! lol I almost trashed it. Came very close but I just can't do that no matter how much ripping I do!

Oh almost forgot, it was together and good. Then I realized that my theme is black on white, white on black with touch of color. There was no color...frantic I picked up my Fabric Crayons after consulting with Jean...added that touch of color. Whew!

So here it is in all it's glory! Hope to never have to make another one! lol

Hugs,
    Cajun

PS. It was not the block, the ole devil has been after me for two months. I have spent more time repenting on my knees due to his pressure. But I the Lord and I have prevailed, need a new bottle of Anointing Oil though!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Well your coloring job looks perfect!! Glad you broke the hold that the "devil" had on you. Can't say I like the block and would do it again but I must have been in good hands with some state because it went together okay but mercy it took a whole lot of time.

Here is Aug BOMName:  favs 038.JPG
Views: 63
Size:  771.2 KB

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast