Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24 33 34 35 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilt Along January 2013

Does anyone have a good tutorial on how to do paper piecing? I'm a little afraid of it

Blog Entries
    Ok, I am way behind in my blocks, here are the Double Aster and Goose Creek versions,

also photos of the finished 4 blocks (well almost finished, havent quilted double aster or goose creek yet)

Name:  IMG_02111_zps6d5b0659.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  89.1 KBName:  IMG_02211_zps3c13c3bf.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  136.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_02261_zps3ab740d6.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  101.4 KBName:  IMG_02231_zps3de90b85.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  178.2 KB

Hi GirlLivingForJesus

This is how I taught myself to paper piece. When I started last year to make Quilt for Rosie, also on Quilting Board site. I found that i was much easier to do but it is fiddley having to get the paper pieces ready, then cutting the fabric, thenoff course getting the paper off. But I enjoy doing this it keeps me sewing straighter.

Hope this helps, you just have to practice and follower the numbers.

http://www.quilterscache.com/StartQu...tingthree.html

Quote Originally Posted by GirlLivingForJesus View Post
    Does anyone have a good tutorial on how to do paper piecing? I'm a little afraid of it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
    What happened to the EASY block? Come on now!! I can count the little pins on Quilters cache!!! You are discouraging some of us, or maybe just me. I guess I'll just retreat to my 9 patch!!
    Dotty, dont panic! Ive not paper pieced, and it scares the crap out of me! LOL look at the 4 small blocks that seem to make up the pattern. This block could be made using squares and half square triangles if anyone wants help calculating the cuts, let me know.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    Ignore my last post. Now you know why i dont post til iv read everything. Usually. Lol
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Hi

I am playing catch up I have finished three block and one from another January quilt along. All to go in the same quilt. I am using up fabric that I had left over from the last quilt I done call Quilt for Rosie which was more white base this one I am trying to make more yellow and black. So I keep makeing the blocks till I run out of fabric. I am thinking of changing Broken wheel to have more of the brighter yellow on the outer squares.
    Name:  P1020457.JPG
Views: 188
Size:  121.8 KB Name:  P1020462.JPG
Views: 189
Size:  100.8 KB Name:  P1020461.JPG
Views: 194
Size:  107.3 KB Name:  P1020460.JPG
Views: 192
Size:  84.6 KB

Lyn, The blocks look great, they have that feeling of summer. Which is great since we just had another snow storm.

Lyn and CarolynMT.....I love both the colors you guys have decided to use.
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

The FREE Craftsy.com BOM is still online and excellent. The October block is paper piecing. I think this teacher is so good, I bought her 2013 class. Very inexpensive and very good.
    Dotty in NYC

Woodbox

Of course I made it harder on my self since I really hate to waste fabric. I had some HST left overs that I cut to the correct size since I liked the colors then worked my way out from there to the corners. I still have some problems sewing the triangles, I think it is sewing on the bias? I'm more of a with the grain person. I enjoyed this one, I'm going to try the Double Aster next need to practice with triangles and bias!

Thanks Rosie.

Name:  DSCI2845email.JPG
Views: 165
Size:  28.6 KB

Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24 33 34 35 44 ... LastLast